Versus Vitality - RTS coming this winter! [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by vklymenko, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    #41 Marcus70, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    Gameplay looks really fluid. Will there something like a pinch to zoom in and out feature? Also, will there be a maximum unit cap?

2. vklymenko

vklymenko Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Lead programmer/Producer
    Europe
    hi there,
    hey hey hey : ) my inbox has already a bunch of emails : )

hi Marcus, yes, sure its possible to add zooming. And there is max units value (last value at right side on panel), its not activated yet, as well as some other things.
    Yes, its little far from release, but I'll be keeping updating it and with each update - will inform here, on forum. So I shared the game on early stage so you can see what kind of game will be out, and I want to collect your responses and ideas about gameplay - to make it very fun and polished, because I plan to charge about 3.99 as original price, and I don't want to bother everyone with in-app purchases and other greedy stuff. Once you'll have the game - you'll be supported with all updates all the way.
    I haven't received any email about no posibility to play because can't install plugin etc - so if any issues - please post, and we will solve it. The game should be possible to play on all most famous internet explorers: firefox, chrome, opera, IE and on both windows and mac.
    Also btw as you can see some buildings like mines are animated with Mutant-race. Same will be with all other buildings - each building will have some lights or other stuff to have more dynamic look. And on the weekend I'll render some more units and will polish the map, so it will have more atmosphere - not just kind of dropped buildings.
    So please be patient and treat with understanding for my progress : ) And let me know everything you have in mind, I hope I didn't loosed any game's fan after shared the demo ? :D

3. Marcus70

Dec 7, 2010
    Will there be fog of war?

4. vklymenko

Jun 23, 2010
    Lead programmer/Producer
    Europe
    hi there,
    yes, fog of war will be in 1.0 version. Im still not sure will it be black-tiles or maybe some kind of desert dust? : )

also new stuff from 3d-artists:
    new main menu preview (the old image was taken from Fallout game just for design-test, so this image is what we made and will use in release)

[​IMG]

and we're re-doing intro-video (trailer), first part of it:

soon I'll have some units to show and turrets ; )

5. vklymenko

Jun 23, 2010
    Lead programmer/Producer
    Europe
    units

We're working on units, some are ready, but I was wanting to ask your advice. Maybe you have some units in mind that could fit the game better, then those in list:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Marcus70

Dec 7, 2010
    #46 Marcus70, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
    I like the variety of the mutants. I think adding a large spider-like unit (with speed and venom) would be interesting.

Several of the hi-tech units are very similar looking (like 3&5 or 4&6&7). I would change the shape of one or two (maybe an armored hi-tech tank?)

I like the humans, and was thinking maybe they need a flying transport unit to quickly carry the troops around?

7. vklymenko

Jun 23, 2010
    Lead programmer/Producer
    Europe
    thanks for the suggest, i'll think about it,
    here is a robot already in the game:
    (has machine-gun and rocket-launcher, will take a role of a "tower" like in tower-defense games, so will be moveable, but not far from base)

8. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Hope we will see this sometime soon :)

9. vklymenko

Jun 23, 2010
    Lead programmer/Producer
    Europe
    yes!
    the game will go to "final testing" phase at the end of this week. So release is not far..Sorry for delay : )
    here is trailer:

10. vklymenko

Jun 23, 2010
    Lead programmer/Producer
    Europe
    Hi there! I know im going out of planned schedules and even more - I need little bit more time to release the game, but to keep you on the same page here are some screenshots ; ) hope you'll like how it looks so far!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Wow this is looking really good. I've always wanted a decent RTS in ios and this looks like its shaping up well. Keep up the good work!

12. vklymenko

Jun 23, 2010
    Lead programmer/Producer
    Europe
    thanks! seriously, your words giving me a new fresh breath, development is so hard, but very fun ; )
    Im also preparing site: http://www.versusvitalitygame.com
    and here is VERY final version of game trailer:

13. vklymenko

Jun 23, 2010
    Lead programmer/Producer
    Europe
    Great news! Game is ready and will be submitted to iOS appstore tomorrow. In 5-9 days it will be released for iOS appstore if everything good with review process. At same time or early android version will be released as well. Hope you'll like the result of so long waiting game development process ; )
    also we have updated the game's site - check it out!
    http://www.versusvitalitygame.com

14. Marcus70

Dec 7, 2010
    Fantastic! Looking forward to playing your rts!:)

15. vklymenko

Jun 23, 2010
    Lead programmer/Producer
    Europe
    #55 vklymenko, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  16. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Will get it, play it in bed tonight and come back tomorrow.