New Soccer Type Game in the Works

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by frznpixel, Jun 20, 2011.

1. frznpixel

frznpixel Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Student
    New York
    Hello,

I am currently developing a new iPhone game based around preventing soccer balls from scoring into the goal. You block them with a paddle and get points for doing so. You are allowed to let in 5 before you lose the game. Surprisingly there aren't games like this one already on the app store and the ones that do exist don't work very well, so I want to go above and beyond.

Basically I am asking if anybody has any ideas to make this game as unordinary as possible, because from the video which I have posted for you to see, it is looking quite ordinary.

Tell me what you think of these ideas:

(1) instead of blocking the soccer balls with a paddle, you have to swipe across the balls in the opposite direction as if you wer kicking them.

(2) Once you get to a certain point in terms of scoring, the game is flipped around and now you have to shoot soccer balls into the goal?

(3) what types of power ups should there be? Be as crazy and creative as possible :)

LINK TO DEMO VIDEO

Thanks in advance for any opinions and suggestions,
    Alex G

2. SonicHydra

SonicHydra Active Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Hey, ok a few ideas I had. I would keep the paddle so some of the power-ups could effect it, like make it bigger etc.

Also maybe you could have positive and negative power-ups, so have a power-up that changes the balls into beach balls that are bigger and easier to hit, and have another one that turns them into tennis balls or golf balls and makes it harder.

Maybe have different backgrounds and have themed levels, so have grass and footballs and have things like a bowling ally and bowling balls etc. would add a nice bit of variety.

High scores/leaderboard is pretty essential.

You could have a power up that gives you 2 paddles and you just quickly change from using one finger to using two.

Thats all I got for now :)

3. frznpixel

frznpixel Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Student
    New York
    Thanks, I'll take those into consideration :)