Publisher stuff

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by SIXThBIT, Jun 29, 2012.

1. SIXThBIT

SIXThBIT Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Hi there, I am planing to submit my almost finished iphone game to few publishers for review. How do I submit an iphone game demo(or fully finished game) to publishers? I mean with all these itunes connect stuff(provisions,distribution certificates etc), And if my game got selected, then how do we work around sales reports,updates(again with itunes connect) etc?

experienced developers...please help..thanks a lot:)

2. David Phan

David Phan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    President & Producer
    Vancouver
    Use Testflight to post and push/share your build to both publishers and people you want to test your game. It's an awesome service and best of all, it's free.

DP

3. SIXThBIT

SIXThBIT Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Thanks a lot guys...as PixelPower said, non-disclosure contract seems a must, and TestFlight rocks! Thank you once again guys!:)

4. artcue

artcue Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Gamedeveloper, Co-Founder of Artcue
    Vienna, Austria
    And if you find a publisher make sure that you do NOT give away your code or IP. Nowadays they sometimes try to get it too, but normally you can have them change their mind, if they like your game.

Be prepared to invest quite much time for polishing your game and quite often they have an SDK you have to implement..this all takes time....

Be sure that when you sign your contract, that there are also things listed, they are going to do for you, not just the other way around :)

Get a look at appannie and see, how good the games are doing, that they publish...you may be be astonished in some cases, that they do not do good at all....

Best of luck to you!

5. Azreal42

Azreal42 Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Also, ask an access to AppFigures! This is best way to be sure they give you all the money you deserve.

Good luck!

6. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    As an aside, one thing we have noticed with AppFigures is that they currently have a timing issue with respect to the exchange rates they use versus what Apple uses to make payments. There is usually about a month difference which can make for a large discrepancy.

As we are a publisher, one of the royalty payments PikPok paid out this month was actually $5k more than what AppFigures suggested because of this issue.

So, Appfigures will give you a good ballpark (and the unit numbers on monthly reports are accurate), but you are still relying on the publisher being honest.