What happened to Bulkypix?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by metalcasket, Aug 12, 2015.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I can't be the only person who thinks it's absolutely painful to see Bulkypix publishing Ketchapp-like mini games. While they're probably super successful on the App Store, it really sucks since Bulkypix could once have been considered "defenders of the faith", releasing fully premium experiences when everyone else was opting to go Free to Play.

Oh well, these are the times man. *clutches onto RCT3*

2. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#2 killercow, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    Agreed. They are even following the same release pattern now, i.e one game per week. Such a sad downfall from the level of quality that Bulkypix was once associated with.

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

The last bulkypix games I played were T.E.C. 3001 (deserved way more attention than it got)
    and Yesterday.

4. Shifaan

Shifaan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Past Bulkypix game I played was Meltdown :(
    I used to love Bulkypix, what has happened to you?

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    .. sigh.....

Well.. maybe they're making more money like this??

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    The current game I play from bulky pix is Heli Hell. They just added cloud saving which is great. Sadly it's the only game I currently support.

Billy

7. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Yeah, I'm not denying if their quality decreases... I remember penumbear, meltdown, tec 3001 were some of their best games few years ago. However now, they mostly published casual games not a 'midcore-hardcore' one. Well, probably since casual gamers more dominated the market nowadays. I also miss CM Games comeback, wish The Deer God will bring back the glory of them. Right now, I think the best iOS publisher so far is Noodlecake Studio :)

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... This crossed my mind a few times already. Thing is, it's really been a while since i actually downloaded a Bulkypix game, so recently when i see a release by them i dont really get excited anymore.

9. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Bulkypix kept releasing broken games and never updating them. Any credibility they once had is long gone. Developers have far better publishers available these days.

For myself at least, the name Bulkypix is as trustworthy as the name Zynga.