Armin Gessert's Giana Sisters iPhone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Capone, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Hey,

very soon, maybe even late january, Giana Sisters iPhone will be released, including all 32 retro levels and 80 new levels. OpenFeint is also included.

Preview-Video

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Wow, very cool looking.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #4 squarezero, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
    Agreed. There's a lot of Mario in there, but it seems to have a personality of it's own. Seems like the content and controls are there as well.

4. zombie

zombie Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this one! I have fond memories of the Amiga version and Master Huelsbeck's all-time-classic composition..

5. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Very cool! I would get this instantly. I know people actually try to collect this game since it was pulled because of Nintendo. The original actually says on it - "the brothers are history." Nintendo didn't take too kindly to that. I think they mended fences though because in at least some regions there is/was a DS version.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Actually, from the video it looks like this is a port of the DS version. Gotta love the music!

7. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    LOVE IT! Instabuy for me too :)

The way the enemies die when she jumps on them looks a bit weird though. I don't know why it just seems like lacking something.

Or maybe I just had too much time with Mario and expect the enemy to somehow goes flat or fall off the screen.

8. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

This game is a really cool platformer. i have it on the ds and from the looks of it, this is just a port. a great game, though i do prefer soosiz.

those of you that said this is like mario, you'd be right. the first giana sisters came out on the NES and was a near exact clone of super mario bros (cept the characters). the game was quickly removed from stores. this version is good and different though

9. Ree

Ree Active Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance 3d Artist
    This is certainly capturing the essence of the original and taking it further away from what had it removed from the shelves. I never did play the original version of it, however I had loads of fun with the port for Commodore 64. There are details that makes this game stand out, and I can see it all replicated in this title. Its too bad that the original music isn't there, but there is enough of a bridge between the new and old for it not destroy the atmosphere. Most likely a release day buy for me.

Looking forward to it.

10. FancyFactory

FancyFactory Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    software development
    Germany
    This looks like a really nice game - but for me Giana Sisters is another game: 16 colors and Chris Huelsbecks music - THIS is Giana Sisters. However, I dont want to take down this game, its simply not the classic I remembering.

11. aros2k

aros2k Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    If its a DS port then its a great game, a must for any platform game fan

12. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Of course this is a new take on Giana Sisters. But Chris Hülsbeck said that he is really happy with Giana Sisters iPhone. The music was done by a fellow of Chris and is based on his compositions.

13. Auhron

Auhron Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Editor
    Berlin
    Looks like a port of the DS version, but this is fine with me. Really looking forward to play this game, as I really enjoyed the original for C64 and Amiga back in the good old times. Hopefully the controls will be good enough, as I really got some issues with Jump'n'Runs on the iPhone so far.

14. GDSage

GDSage Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The DS remake is fantastic, just a pity Gessert isn't with us now. RIP

15. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Release date: 09.02.2010

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I assume that's February 9, not September 2, right?

17. Taplay

Taplay Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2009
    wow, lovely cartoon style and animation!!
    I love it!!
    cant wait to have it!!

18. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    You're right, it's February 9. ;)

19. Jompe71

Jompe71 Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    This one I'll get, but PLEASE let the music in the movie demo NOT to be the same as in the final game.

As much as the game is a classic, the original tune itself is as classic alone as the game.

The new version will only be will only be half of a game when the music don't match the quality of the gfx and gameplay...