Goals for 2010?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Sinecure Industries, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

I wrote a new blog entry on our site summarizing 2009 and our big goals for 2010. What are the rest of you planning for the new year? Anything specific or more of a "go with the flow" approach?

2010 is all about expansion for us. We're trying to branch out into games and keep building up our brand.

Link to whole thing if anyone's interested

2. YmirMobile

YmirMobile Active Member

Sounds like 2009 went quite well for you! Do you already have a title for your puzzle game?
    We gave out our first two Apps in 2009 the Mobileguide Iceland and Ringo, so we share being 2009-debautants. We have learned quite a bit in the process of publishing our two Apps and we will build on that knowledge in 2010.
    We plan to increase the functionality of our Mobileguide with some cool new features and update the Puzzles in Ringo regularily, as we have gotten such a positive response to the puzzle-mode in Ringo.
    Other than that there are games to follow, but that is of course still handled secretive :)
    Good luck in 2010 to all of you developers!

3. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Get my first own app out, collect experience by joining other projects :D

4. exosyphen

exosyphen Well-Known Member

Quit smoking :)

5. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

Sounds like things have gone pretty well for you as well! We haven't quite hit "omg let's quit out jobs" levels or anything but it's been fun thus far. No name for the puzzle game yet, we're still tossing around a few ideas.

I love the look of your Ringo game, you use the same starburst that's around our company logo on our website :D

Sounds like a great plan. What skills do you bring to the table? Are you learning something in particular for the new year?

At what they cost now you can pay for an entire game's development :p

6. exosyphen

exosyphen Well-Known Member

@Sinecure Industries:

I like to see things a bit different:
    I can develop an entire game and use the proceeds to buy cigarettes :)
    I should place a banner on my site:
    "Due to the sudden surge in the price of cigarettes, there won't be any new games this year. Blame the government"

On a serious side, I am planning a complete website overhaul (design, backend and functionality) to accomodate the increasing number of customers and fans, some new cool games, etc

7. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    I want to finish my new game, finish a few more projects, get an iSlate with the money, and do some awesome graphics.

8. Gravity Jim

Gravity Jim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Commercial music producer
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Build on my work for MikaMobile to score at least four new games this year, and begin talking to at last one major dev/publisher.

9. NickFalk

NickFalk Well-Known Member

Well my goals are to take things to the next step basically, perhaps even make a little money. 2009 was all about getting to know the App Store, learning Objective-c/Cocoa making a couple of smaller apps.

My next game, Fumbers, is the first title where I feel I've made something truly worthwhile and my next couple of projects should follow from there...

10. Amelia

Amelia Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    My goal this year is to learn as much about promotion as possible to make all of Sleek Games' games successful. I don't do any coding, but I know my partner is planning on making more games, so that's exciting. :D

(also, a small part of me thinks that I should learn how to code, but i'm not sure its right ;)

11. Dizturbing Appz

Dec 28, 2009
    Dev
    Honduras
    Yea same here hopefully before June!!! :D

12. YmirMobile

YmirMobile Active Member

@sinecure
    Yes I already noticed that you use the same starburst as we did in Ringo. We have also not had that doodlejump-success that everybody is dreaming of, but we have a solid game and are content with what we have done and learned so far. Looks like it is the same for you :)
    Kepp us up to date on your Puzzle Plans, do you guys use Twitter? We can be found under YmirMobile

@froggy
    Yes yes that tablet. We also want one...

13. ktfright

ktfright Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    I want to make a large library of great fun games I can say I truly developed on my own.

14. Vingdoloras

Aug 29, 2009
    Nearly everything I know about coding is self-taught. Everything began at school, but I was the only one who seemed to be interested in this stuff and now I'm much better than my class mates :p Coding is a kind of hobby for me... And turning a hobby into a job is always a very enjoyable thing :D

I want to learn Obj-C this year (today or tomorrow I'll start; today I got the books I ordered :D it will take some time to read through them...)

Oh, and I'm also trying to improve my art skills a bit so I am more independant from other artists (at first I'll make a special utility app and I hope I can use the standard interface elements for that, but later I'll hopefully start a bigger game project where it would be pretty helpful to be able to do some of the graphics on my own :D)

15. Vingdoloras

Aug 29, 2009
    Learn Python or Basic. These languages are easy to pick up and you will be able to do a lot with them. If you enjoy coding then you might learn a more difficult language...

16. Pamx

Pamx Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    UK
    I have resolved to get more sleep in 2010 and hopefully leave the back-office stuff on Glenn's next title to someone else. I agree with Amelia though - it's been great fun and very enlightening & exciting, if exhausting. :)

Having said that, maybe the WAGs should get together and form a publishing/PR company - I think we've been pretty impressive so far, if I say so myself ;)

17. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    My general goal for 2010 is to simply learn. The more I know about the market and what kind of games sell, the better I can adopt my Apps to what people buy. I also aim to release Empty City 3D and make it into the Top 100 Paid Games :)

18. eJayStudios

eJayStudios Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    #18 eJayStudios, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
    Finish my first iPhone game Vector Rally (hopefully this month) and switch to Unity engine!

Really looking forward to Unity, it's been gathering dust due to working on current game which is made in Obj C.

19. ThunderGameWorks

ThunderGameWorks Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    What work have you done for MikaMobile?

20. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Get at least one good game out on the App Store. :)