whos mad about dead strike

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by steezybreezy, Feb 6, 2010.

1. steezybreezy

steezybreezy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    i know alot of people dont like this game but its one of my favorites especially after the 1.2 update. i do feel that the people of dead strike should be legally binded to making the 1.5 update before calling it quits. some people like myself bought this game for the 1.5 update. if it isnt updated again it will be really harsh. there is a bug that crashes all the time i cant beat a level without it crashing. this makes this game really fustrating and if they dont at least fix this i will feel ripped off. it is a good game but it should be like a baby to whover is abandoning it. would you abandon a baby?

2. Themagictouch

Themagictouch Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
  3. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I wouldn't say I'm mad. I'm very disappointed though, and to be honest, I do feel a little mislead. I understand it's hard to support something at a loss, but don't make promises you can't keep as a market strategy, right?

At least I've learned my lesson about not supporting unfinished products with my hard earned money. ;)

4. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

It's disappointing, yes, but the baby example has no correlation. o_O
    Oh well I didn't play the game that much anyways, it's not really a quality game; half of the reason I bought the game was because the developer was very active and suggestion-friendly. Now with the latter gone it's just gonna stay in the recycling bin.

5. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    this

6. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Well the dev. did mention that they would still be fixing bugs, but thats as far as the updates go.

And no they shouldn't be legally binded to anything. You pay for the product as-is. Consider this a lesson for the future and move on.

No I wouldn't abandon a baby, but this is nowhere near the same as a child.

7. ASB

ASB Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    I was disappointed about it, mainly because I bought it the day before it was given away for free. This was because I misunderstood what the dev meant by the give away, I thought that afterwards the update would be an in app purchase. I wasn't mad about it though, because I'd hoped that my money would help them to continue to update the game. Oh well.

8. Scottlarsen

Scottlarsen Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    What are you talking about? The developer said very clearly they would update to fix the bugs. Should you be legally obligated to read their thread and answer your own questions before you start a thread to gripe?

9. Athlos

Athlos Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Ohio
    Put it this way, I'll be pissed if they don't fix the current bugs, but as long as they do, I guess it's a lesson well learned. I definitely love the ragdoll physics and their next project better be kick-ass to make up for leaving this one behind. Btw, I flippin payed for this the day before it went free as well! Grrrr...

10. iball

iball Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    It was free for me so I don't care. For all of you who bought it....suckers!

11. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa

They sold this app first and then gave it away for free?! Would you sell your baby? And after you sold it, would you give your baby away for free? No way! That would be terrible! And how would you do both of those things with your baby? Would you make a baby clone?! That goes against the very laws of nature!

Maybe you should be grateful to cut ties with these awful, clone-making, baby-hocking sociopaths.

12. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    One thing through.
    We could tell no one about our decisions and let them wait till they forget about Dead Strike updates. That's something that lots of dev do (including big studios). But instead of, we explained to gamers whats going on with us and why we cannot support this game anymore. However, we are currently looking for someone ho likes to buy this project and continue its development were we left-off. Even make an entire new game out of it (zombie or not related).

Something that every gamer is aware of (or should be aware of). Games and Apps, are not bugs free. Specially when theirs new features and stuff added or big changes like we do so with Dead Strike 1.2. However, we are fixing current version bugs (DS v1.2).

We got a nice deal with a publisher for Forgotten Memories and be sure that we will not release Forgotten Memories until is perfected! By the way, not us, our publisher! :)

Cheers,

13. Scottlarsen

Nov 25, 2009
    I believe Toyota is learning the truth of your words.

14. godofodd

godofodd Member

Jan 7, 2010
    I'm quite disappointed to go to the trouble of providing feedback, only to be ignored in the end. I thought they were a unique developer, but now I know it's all about the money for them. Very disappointing.

15. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I was let down. It wasn't the greatest game ever, not to just kill the game, but overall I found it hard to enjoy. I tried to like it too, and even after the latest update it just didn't work for me. I was hoping that the 1.5 and 1.6 updates would help at least, but I guess we'll never see them. Crap.

16. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    The game sucked, they got everyone hyped up with good looking "upcoming game" screenshots but they had to have known the game wasn't even close to finished when they released it. What gets me the most is the lack of creativity to the game. Its not even a good "copy" of another horror game. Its just nothing.

17. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I bought it just because of the future updates... I thought it would turn out great. I did enjoy the version before 1.2 though. 1.2 is fun, but it has way too many bugs for now.

18. Scottlarsen

Nov 25, 2009
    It's all about money for everyone. Bills won't get paid with milk and cookies. Consider this a lesson in economics.

19. one f jef

one f jef Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    You wouldn't think it from the other thread, but I'm actually HAPPY for the dev.

There was nowhere for them to go with Dead Strike ... even if it had been made great through tons and tons of work, they still would have a bad rep from the bad start to shake off, so it never could have been successful.

This way, they have a fresh start and a new chance. Sure, some people will be put off by them taking the money and not continuing to dev the game, but, hell, it happens.

If their next game is a functional game upon release, I'll buy it.

20. zbob

zbob Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    guys, you may wanna know the devs were ex gameloft employees. i wouldnt be surprised if gameloft were funding developement for their psychological horror game.
    yet i also doubt it....

fact still stands, they are an ex gameloft emplyoee