Red Dead Redemption clone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Spocket, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Spocket

Spocket Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    I'm not sure if this is the right section, or if this should go in general discussion. Regardless, wouldn't it be awesome if Gameloft made a Red Dead Redemption clone? They've cloned just about everything else, this seems like a good choice to me. What do you guys think?

2. randomisthehero

randomisthehero Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Florida
    i'd play it.xbox 360 version was awesome.

3. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Watch Gameloft make Gangstar: Old West Redemption or something like that. :b

4. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    This should have gone in the Game Discussion section. For future reference, this is only used for games that are definitely in the works, or have been rumored to be in development. Any questions or topics of discussion go in Game Discussion.

5. LittleBigCar

LittleBigCar Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    woah o well ok i thought u were serious like this was really happening but yes that would be awesome

6. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I know that feeling. People do that all the time here. Whether it's a rumor or just someone who doesn't know the system well, you really have to check the actual thread before getting excited that the game's actually in production.

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'll give you a serious answer if you're prepared to take one from the other side of Gameloft opiniondom.

8. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I was debating that, but decided it was too late for a fight.

9. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Gangstar is a clone of older GTA games; specifically GTAIII & Vice City. It was in no way patterned after GTAIV, which is a separate class & generation of GTA . RDR runs off the GTAIV engine, which is far more advanced. It's hard to imagine RDR running off the older GTAIII engine. Because that is what you would get here. A Red Dead clone running off an engine similar to GTAIII.

Honestly, I just can't ever see it happening. Gameloft has shown either no ability or no motivation to truly refine their open-world gaming engine. could they make an open world game that looked similar to, say, NOVA? I don't think they would. It would require a level of performance that would leave old-tech devices behind. That is something that Gameloft doesnt want. You might want it, but Gameloft clearly doesn't.

10. TNT_HEADSHOT

TNT_HEADSHOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    What about Red Dead Revolver:p

11. Aussie2

Aussie2 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    I don't think anybody wa expecting a full clone or port, although if a 3D GTA clone is possible then surely a 3D RDR is possible as well, it woudnt be full featured obviously. Maybe rockstar could make it themselves

12. Cymrune

Cymrune Active Member

Sep 9, 2010
    One of my fave games evaarr!! the multiplayer battle mode was great fun!