Buzz Killem [everplay] - Arena Action Platformer Survival Endless Shooter!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Everplay, Jun 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    [​IMG]

THEY CAME IN PEACE. THEY'LL LEAVE IN PIECES.

Brought to you by the creators of the hit game Bill Killem! Buzz Killem is the story of a retired War Veteran called back into action after an Alien welcoming party greets Earth. And he is the father of famed action star Bill Killem. Buzz Killem is a mission-based arena platformer with objectives and optional endless gameplay for high scores.

Launch Date: July 3, 2014!

FEATURES
    • Multiple Stages with a variety of missions to accomplish
    • Smooth on-screen controls and platformer gameplay.
    • Retro graphics, sound effects, and music!
    • Tons of unlockables! New outfits, new guns, and new power-ups are yours for the taking!

PRICE: $2.99 ($1.99 at launch for Independence Day.)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This is awesome! So excited this is a thing, Bill Killem was so good, and so suited for this! Glad to see it's premium too!

And that fishing scene looks intriguing... :D

Will Bill Killem be getting new content down the line? Or have you completely moved onto this in terms of content?

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Wow, I'm really looking forward to this one. As jcho said, love that it's premium too

4. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Thanks!

Bill Killem is not done with! This is actually a different game in the same universe with an entirely different style of play.

And that Fishing scene is simply a fun easter egg with a nod to our friends over at Vlambeer and Ridiculous Fishing! :-D

5. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah I know, just seeing this reminded me Bill Killem existed (iOS gaming moves so fast, it's difficult to remember games from a month ago!)

And haha! That's what I was thinking, especially since this one will be even more SCB-like than Bill ;)

6. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Definitely much more SCB than Bill. And we know what you mean! IT seems like we released Bill Killem AGES Ago.

7. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Can you give us any sneak peeks into how unlock systems will work, how many weapons there will be, etc.?

8. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Sure thing! There are a variety of ways to unlock things: The primary way is through leveling up your character. This gives you access to new outfits you can try on. Weapons are purchased and upgraded in the gun store from cash you find during your missions. Power-Ups are unlocked by leveling up and by purchasing them in the power-up screen.

9. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Neat! Does upgrading increase any sort of base stats as well? Or are you keeping it with the awesome arcade-y 1 hit kill?

Also, do guns change at all when they level up? Like new skins or effects? Or is it mostly a damage/fire rate/ammo increase?

10. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    Wow, this looks great! I loved almost everything about Bill, but I'm not a big fan of timers and endless (having said that, it's so good I still play it!)... this looks exactly like the game I wanted Bill to be. Your art, humor and mechanics are top notch, can't wait to pick this one up. Congrats on both releases :)

11. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    This looks awesome! Cant wait to get it! :D

12. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Upgrading the weapons definitely changes the stats on it. You actually were close with Damage and Ammo.

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Cool ;)

14. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    So does this kind of play like SCB, with the endless and all? Like someone else said, this is the kind of game I hoped to see when I heard of Bill Killem

15. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    More or less. This is much closer to SCB if you want to make that reference, but its still very much its own game. There are missions across multiple arenas, but the stages are bigger than SCB.

Also - You can complete the missions but you can choose to stay in for the endless high score.

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    So still on track for next week?

17. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Absolutely!

We were aiming for a 4th of July release originally, but you'll actually be able to play on July 3rd! (Or LATE July 2nd for some of you.)

18. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Good to hear!

Not sure why it took me so long to think of this, but this could be considered your spiritual successor to Spellsword, right?

19. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Promo codes i presume? :D

20. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I'm really looking forward to this! I really enjoyed bill killem, and this comes out right when I'm going on a long car trip.