Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kugi_igi, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #1601 tatoforever, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
    None of those games does multiple post process, dynamic lighting, volumetric lighting and realtime shadows on your iPod4. We had this option to remove all those effects for older devices but the gameplay is totally different. Infinity Blade gameplay doesn't get affected when you remove all those effects however ours do.

PS: Btw, the latest Apple iPodTouch still use 2009 mobile hardware...
    Cheers,

2. Creamer2010

Creamer2010 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Poland
    I have been following this game since 2009.
    Still i hope that game run on Ipod Touch 4g 32gb:confused:

3. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    I doubt it. The minimum requirements are devices with A5 chip.

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I think I'll have to agree with your idea to make it an a5 minimum requirement.
    Removal of the affects for lower devices will certainly take away from the atmosphere of the game and probably lead to criticism of the developer.
    I'm in the lucky position of changing devices every year so I want to see the current hardware optimised as best as possible.
    But if I wasn't in that position, I still wouldn't want a game that has all the good parts taken out just so the developer can make a quick extra buck.
    So, I applaud your stance in bringing the best possible visuals and cinematic like atmosphere, but I also have to admire the obvious pride ye have in the game to the extent that ye are unwilling to dilute the experience. Well done.
    And to back up your claim of reduced visuals diluting a game experience, I'll use IB2 as a perfect example for me, and I know you said it didn't affect the game but I originally had it on an iPhone 4, and iPad 2 on iOS 4. Made the jump to iOS 5 and on the iPad, to me, it made a difference with shadows and other effects. Changed the iPhone to the 4s and the difference was massive. It was like a completely new visual experience that certainly changed my opinion of the game on the iPhone. In relation to the iPad, every game I've ever played is better on the iPad than the iPhone so far, but that's obvious.
    So, to make a long story a bit shorter, stand by your guns, make the best game possible, even if you have to exclude older devices and I look forward to playing it.

5. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #1605 tatoforever, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
    Tanks for the kind words and support, appreciated. :)
    What i was trying to say regarding IB2 and FM is that, if you don't have an A5 device you can still play IB (even if it look less better) but in our case is probably worse as lighting, shadows and post-process are part of the gameplay itself which gets heavily affected if they get turned off. That's why we decided to simply remove old devices support and focus on current and future hardware only. :)
    King regards,

6. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Tanks, appreciated!
    Regards from Team Psychoz. :)

7. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #1607 tatoforever, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
    Why not save the money for a new Apple device?

8. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    #1608 Wediafom24, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
    Anyway, I am upgrading my iPhone 3GS to the new iPhone or iPhone 5 by fall, so I am safe. Just wondering if characters' mouth will move when they talk or it's going to be like Gameloft games where thier mouth is closed or they act jittery?i hope you get what I am saying.

9. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    All our characters (that have a face) features facial muscles with a huge set of emotions and phonemes with lipsync for realistic life-like cinematics. So yeah, expect a lots of facial emotions. ;)
    Also, character face emotions react real-time (ingame) while playing. :D
    Cheers,

10. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    That god of war-like game, infinity of god or something for example. Let's see the requirements for this .

Anyway i have nothing against a developer wanting to make a game for the most advanced device , what i hate is this trend of presenting games years before release when the devices that will play them won't be out for years and not even admitting that what we are seeing will be played on devices that won't be available for sometime .

I'll take iron monkey and their beautiful games over any of these developers every time ....

11. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Awesome! Would've responded earlier, but uh I fell asleep. Early.. Too early.. :)

12. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    This somehow sounds too good to be true. Feels like it will be a really nice trip back to the "good ole" past of survival horror.

13. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Is it me, or does this all ring of Peter Molyneux via Fable 1/Black and White? ;)

This game was announced long ago and the release has been pushed back over and over again. Promised media rarely arrived. I have little faith in this game. There are doubts that by the time it arrives (if ever), that A5 will even be the minimum spec. This game still has yes to even be seen or demoed by press/footage actually running on any idevice.

In the fall, the release will be 2013 spring. In 2013 spring, the release will be summer. In summer 2013, the release will be holidays. During holidays 2013, the release will be Spring 2014....All under the guise of wanting to target the best hardware.

Which considering the Apple cycle, is like a dog chasing its own tail. One day, you'll have to settle on "good enough", or you will always chase perfection, in an imperfect world.

14. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Awesome! Really looking forward to this game:)

15. FeNoMeN

FeNoMeN Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    don't wait too long...what's the point if no one buy this game? Or this is the last game from this devs so they don't want to release soon?:confused:

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Pacific, if you'd actually paid attention to the development process, it would be clear why the game has taken as long as it has. The schedule has actually been pretty consistent for the last year or so. In this regard, the process has not been that different from that of Ravensword. 2, and just like with Ravensword, it only makes sense to take advantage of the most recent hardware and software (you may remember the savaging Crytek experienced when the PC version of Crysis 2 released without DirectX 11 support).

Speaking of Crytek, it's important to remember that PCs have even faster production cycles than iPhones, and somehow people still manage to make ambitious games for them (in fact, there's been something of a resurgence recently). The console-every-decade model is not the only viable one ;).

17. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    To be fair, I am also more than a little disappointed at how long the game has been in development, but I don't mind so much. As long as it's a good game when it comes out, and this extra development time lends itself well to the game, I'm fine with any delays.

Though I'll be honest, it's been so long, that I am finding it hard to care about the final product anymore. :(

18. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I have played a pre-pre-alpha version on my iPhone 4. As such, I can also attest that losing the cool features makes the game a whole lot less atmospheric.

You're still going to buy it though. :p

Honestly, if everything that's planned for this game works, there will be nothing like it on iOS. (note: I'm not involved with the coding/design/gameplay in any way, so my information is only slightly deeper than yours)

19. simmolick

simmolick Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Animation Boss
    Spain
    Hey tatoforever,
    you mean that forgotten memories will not working on ipod touch 4g???

20. 3mooonuel

3mooonuel Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    High school student
    Tamaulipas-Mexico
    Well .. Here in mexico the cheapest iPhone 4S is 1200 dollars ....
    And the cheapest iPad 2 is 950 dollars so......

I really hope that apple releases a new ipod soon i'd buy in a heartbeat