Jet Car Stunts 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by unbrokenchain33, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    HOLY ^%$&!!!! This is gonna be awesome!!

2. steelfires

steelfires Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!
    Any more news on this? I loved jcs, and also the dlc as well. Also, will you have a choice of what car to use?
    Will the cars all have jets?
    And are all the cars different fundamentally, or are they just faster/better versions of original?

3. spockgold007

spockgold007 Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2011
    death star
    any idea on release date, winter 2011, spring 2012?

4. Khavatari

Khavatari Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    IT
    Ukraine, Kyiv
    I'm eagerly waiting for 2nd part... Hope to buy it ASAP :)

5. thehype

thehype Member

Nov 10, 2010
    hey luke,

why there is no freestyle mode in jet car stunts 1, like on windows Phone 7?
    My Workmate laughs at me, that he has more modes!

It's unfair, that we get this first in JCS2! And then there is JCS2 on WP7 with 50 Cars?

You have made your money with Iphone, respect it please!

6. luketrueaxis

luketrueaxis Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Game Development (Managing Director of True Axis)
    Melbourne, Australia
    Some of the cars are very different but they all have jets. Some have a lot more control in the air which is interesting. They all have very different speeds and handling.

Not quite ready to take about a release date, but its starting to seem like it might be a 2012 release.

Sorry about that, it is meant to be a preview of the JCS2 freestyle mode, but I have to admit we sold out on that one, I might have done things differently if I knew how things where going to pan out, but the decision was made a long time ago and definitely made sense at that time. I don't think it is completely unfair though. In the end, JCS WP did come out nearly 2 years after the iPhone version. It's been a long wait.

Anyway, hopefully JCS2 with the freestyle mode will be available on iPhone before too long with a bunch of new cars and heaps of new features so iPhone JCS fans wont be laughed at for too long. I wouldn't want that!

7. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Will it work on iPod 3rd gen?

8. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    It's not as if you gave the WP version an Impossible G or something like that. Then they'd really be laughing, all how many hundred of them? Then again, JCS can be experienced on iOS without a phone contract, so there's that.

9. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    If it's aiming for a 2012 release, I really hope releases on January 1st cuz that would be one hell of a game to kick off the new year! :)

10. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    That's if it could run on our older devices.

11. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    And that's if I don't upgrade.

12. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    The game will definitely run on an iPod 3rd and an iPhone 3Gs.

We could potentially also support older hardware (iPhone 3G and iPod 2nd)with all the new special fx turned off, however, apple are making it harder and harder to support the older hardware. We where originally planning to support older hardware, but I've heard you have to jump through some hoops with the latest xcode if you want to target older hardware.

13. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I think it'd be awesome if this was a universal app, and you could use the iPhone to control it...

Either way, this is by far my most anticipated game. JCS1 is still my favorite out of all the thousands of games I've played on iOS.

14. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Space tripper is out now!
    App Store Link
    Touch Arcade Thread

Hopefully this is going to mean we can put more resources back onto JCS2. JCS2 has been moving while we finished of Space Tripper, but we would ahve definitely gone faster with out it. I expect we might need to do a Space Tripper update at some point as well though.

15. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    So, how is space tripper doing on the resources aspect for JCS2?

16. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I really had hoped to be able to finish space tripper off earlier, but I didn't really understand the code base my self, and it was really hard to stay motivated. Very glad to have it out of the way, although, I might still do at least one small Space Tripper update.

Unfortunately, I am really behind on a lot of admin and need to motivate my self for that, but, I am starting to ramp up coding my self on JCS2 now.

Building levels had been ticking a long slowly for a long time. I brought a contractor in to help with that who I hoped to be full time, but it's been very part time, so is taking a lot longer then originally planned.

The in house level editor has had a lot of work done on it to let us do some things that aren't in JCS1.

I've mentioned before we have all the handling finalized for 7 cars. There will be a huge variety in there physics giving a very different kind of challenge car to car.

I'm finally getting down to work on the in game level editor. It will be very different to our in house editor, but should make making tracks super easy. It is in the prototype phase now, but is looking like it will work very nicely.

17. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    Very exciting! I was replaying Jet Car Stunts earlier this year, and I have to say that it remains one of the best game to ever grace my iPod, and I say that as someone who tends to be lukewarm on racing/driving based games. Its brilliant to hear that the sequel is still in development. How will the 7 cars work in the game? will there be different leader-boards/qualifying times for each car on each track?

18. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Thts a lot of info & looking good for JCS2, slow but steady, super easy inbuilt level editor = super hit!

19. luketrueaxis

Oct 14, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    No, All the cars are really different, so each car will have its own tracks. 2 of the cars will even have there own game modes.

I'm pretty excited about showing off some of the new cars capabilities when we are ready. They really add some new challenges to the game, add a lot of variety, but are all a lot of fun to play in there own way.

20. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    I......can't.......wait!