Universal Organ Trail: Director's Cut - (by The Men Who Wear Many Hats)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sladeums, Aug 9, 2012.

1. VaultBoy

VaultBoy New Member

Nov 9, 2012
    No man most of the achievements don't work at all. I've completed the game multiple times and am missing many of them. I've killed over 150 zombies in one sitting without missing and never got the silver bullet one. Been turned into a zombie dozens of times and have gotten all the car upgrades and still nothing. Same goes for many others. Please fix them with an update I'm one of those achievement hunter types:) I'm holding off on completing the game on hard cause ill bet the achievement won't unlock. Still love the game to death though!!!

2. Jake-gumbleton

Jake-gumbleton Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Freelance concept artist
    Uk
    I was a little unsure about this one but it sucked me in quick and ended up being one of my best experiences on Ios so far. Splendid stuff! So many great little moments.

3. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    Thanks. We have a huge expansion we are working on so look forward to that.

4. Hajda

Hajda New Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Hi guys,

I hope you won't eat me at start since I am not an IOs user. I haven't found better Organ Trail forum, though, so I thought I could join you if you don't mind :) (Android ICS here)

I bought this game during the halloween update. Since then, I finished it several times and I still like the challenge of trying to better and better :) But, I must say (and it was suggested in some previous posts) once you know what to do, the game is not hard to finish, even on hard mode.

I read completely through this topic and it seems that some of the game issues do not differ according to operating system (except those crashes...never happened to me).

1) The worst one for me might be probably "achievments." I have 10/28 and last few runthroughs were about getting them...I did 2 of 7 I aimed for, but in real, I am pretty sure I did them all, eg. silver bullet, car is a lemon, lone survivor etc. Achievments are not really triggering as they should. On the other hand, those I have already done were triggered just fine.

2) Probably another gas bug: I had one can of gas when special event triggered: "5 cans of gas flew out of the window" and suddenly I had 6 cans of gas

3) Once I tried to finish with George Romero (I have no idea how this achievment works, but this is not about the achievement :) ) and I managed to. When I started a new game, instead of killing Clements, I killed GeorgeRomero (but I didn't have him in my group that time). Was kind of funny.

4) This is probably known one: When you are alone and "bandit grabbing event comes," you are suddenly looking at yourself in bandit's hands while shooting at yourself :) Also kind of funny :)

And if may I add some suggestions :)

1) There is an event with hospital and a baby...I took the baby with me (there was +1oz/hour food consuption), but nothing really happened apart from it. I didn't even get +1 crewmember bonus at the end - and I think it would be quite nice :) What I want to suggest, some events could have more outcomes/continuations during the trip.

2) To make the game harder on some superhard mode (I tried to play it like this and it was much harder to shoot), you could make the people shoot only by drawing the line from the player backwards. If you want, I will try to make a picture of my thought. Or you could maybe draw a parralel line, at another part of the screen...but not directly between the shooter and victim

3) Make bitten members turn randomly. Not when getting incapped. Otherwise you don't have to kill them and you don't have to worry about them turning.

4) Keep up on the good job, I simply love the game!!!!

5. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    Thanks. I've fixed a few of these bugs (mostly all the achievements) but some of these are new and useful to me so thanks.

As far as the baby goes... if your food hits 0 he dies, otherwise you should get some bonus points. The babies death is discrete since I thought having a message about a baby dying might hurt our rating.

Also, we already made a harder mode for the next update and all the difficulties have been slightly balanced. Plus there will be a new mode to accommodate for repeat playthroughs being more fun.

Thanks for playing.

6. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Sounds great.

@Hajda - yea, I suggested a harder mode. It gets really easy after some time and because of this it gets boring. I need a bigger challenge. I was actually shooting at start as you described (pull back to shoot), because I wasn't paying attention to the tutorial. It gets easy, once you get used to it though.

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    The update and expansion came out today and I had to ge it right away. It really adds tons to the game, especially combat training, endless mode, skulls, the suicide difficulty and Clement's quest.

However, I found 3 pretty annoying bugs.
    - ALL animations suddenly stopped playing after a while once
    - sometimes events and landmarks are at the same position and if you investigate the event you will automaticaly skip the landmark
    - there's lag after each bullet you shoot (which wasn't happening before), it can get very annoying

Also, Clement's quest is kinda dull. I know it's just a minigame, but you could at least add shooting and some other stuff (like in So long Oregon!).

Lots of people suggested the pop up message, like "are you sure you want to leave the town?" because lots of people (including me) sometimes leave the town on accident and that's almost like making a suicide in the endless mode or in suicide difficulty. Seriously, add that.

8. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    Thanks for the notes and thanks for playing. We will look into these issues.

Also I like Clement's Quest just fine so :p

9. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #129 Primoz, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    Another bug: the game "stopped" when I completed the "you suddenly find yourself surrounded by zombies" event. There were no more zombies coming in, but I was still able to spin and shoot around. Exiting the game fixed it.

I'm allowed to report bugs here right?

About Clement's quest: the game is not rewarding enough imo... I mean, I come to the end and back to Washington DC and all it does it says "you win". Then I can drive into the sea and just die. Yay. The mini game hasn't got much replay ability...

The lag after you shoot is really annoying... It makes the game unplayable at times, because you freeze for a moment and other zombies move a bit forward you. The lag also causes that the bullet just goes "trough" the zombie, without hitting it. I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing it (I'm on 3Gs iOS 4.3.3).

Nonetheless' I'm really glad you added the endless mode and the suicide difficulty. It finally provides a challenge, for now :D

10. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #130 Primoz, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
    I just noticed that there's a new update. What did you fix?

Edit: lag when reloading got fixed, thanks :)

11. TobyDutch

TobyDutch Member

Jan 21, 2013
    #131 TobyDutch, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    Hey, let me just start by saying how great this game is.

Right, back to business.

I was looking through my achievement list and I came across several interesting achievements. They are as follows:

-Night of the living dev
    -I know a guy...
    -[Secret]

Does anyone know how I can get the achievements?

Also, is it just me or does the hospital look alot like Mercy Hospital from L4D?
    Is it coincidence that the survivors from L4D happen to be on top of it?
    And there's something about the remote shack... That guy with the chainsaw looks familiar, but I cannot quite put my finger on it.

12. Zeldaniac

Zeldaniac Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2012
    I love this game, but you guys should add the ability to make tombstones for your friends (like the Oregon Trail), then add those tombstones to the list of ones that can appear on the side of the road.

Also, what's the point of friends? It seems like they just eat food / get hurt / fart / get us lost / etc. are they just there for the challenge of keeping them alive?

13. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    I also thought that so I killed them to get achivement near the end.I will just say that decision backfired on me fast as they can be of great help in last part of game.

14. Zeldaniac

Zeldaniac Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2012
    How do they help? I haven't seen evidence of them being useful...ever.

15. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    In last mission before you actually get to safe heaven they provide covering fire from car while you have to fetch some gasoline.Depending of how many of them are alive , you get more/ less covering fire from car.

16. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Is the Endless Expansion worth getting?
    Also how's the game's overall replay value?

17. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    It's awhile since I've been on here, but today I had to, because I have to announce that I finally finished the game on SUICIDE difficulty!

[​IMG]

I even finished with 200 bullets (anyone who played on hard or suicide will know how much that means)... It's great to have a feeling of accomplishment when you beat a game, unlike other games.

Definitely one of the best games ever made.

18. Shout out to Sanuku! Your video of this game was featured on the newest review on the Hot Pepper Gaming Channel on YouTube!

19. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    They gave it a 3 out of 5?? Because the controls are unresponsive??

WAT.

Off-topic, I did some fan art. hah

[​IMG]

20. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    Just got this game and i love it.

But whenever this message pops up saying something like you see something suspicous or interesting and i click yes my screen just freezes. I don't know why really. It just gets stuck on this screen.

Attached Files: