iOS Combat TCG/CCG/Card RPG

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Cryptikx, Jul 12, 2011.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  2. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

3. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
  4. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

LOL!

That was a good one.

5. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Ok u got me there, but stranger things have happened. After all, Duke Nukem 4ever was released this year. : p

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Necronomicon

7. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

I'd put an asterisk next to this one. I've never heard of anyone being able to actually complete a game — at some point, some show-stopping bug just halts play every time.

A much-needed update is allegedly on the way, though.

8. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Deckmake Fantasy is pretty cool. As long as you can take some grammatical errors along the way.

9. Moonga

Moonga Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Moonga

dont forget Moonga :)

[​IMG]

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Really? I've finished a number of games.

But, it's been a while since I played - maybe an update broke something along the way... :(

11. Quantus

Quantus Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    You can add Samurai Bloodshow to the list.

12. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    Best CCG/TCG/LCG for new iPad

Hi folks,

Just wanted some advice from people who own both which are the best deck building games for the new iPad. I figure the new iPads retina display is perfect for the card images.

Im thinking Nightfall right now, as its a game thats been on My BGG wishlist forna while. Is Nightfall retina display on the iPad? Same question with regards AC: Recollection? Although is part of the the appeal of AC:R the world in which its set? Havent played any AC since the first one.

Thanks for the advice.

13. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Ascension and Nightfall are two pretty fun CCG like games with their primary gimmick being that you build your deck AS YOU PLAY. In a way, it's a bit like each game is one of those booster drafts. Neither of these games, at least at the moment, are retina ready as far as I know (I'm playing them on an ol' iPad 1) but I do believe the developer will update them both accordingly in the near future. What I love with both of these games is there are no random booster packs. The only IAPs are for expansions but once bought you have access to all of the cards the expansion adds.

AC is a decent CCG but, sadly, a HUGE money sink. While it has a campaign and even allows you to win some credits via online wins, the money rolls in very slowly and the packs are pretty expensive. If I remember correctly, even if you finished the main campaign, your total earnings might buy you 1-2 of the game's most expensive boosters. I'm fairly certain some folk have spent well over $100 via IAPs and still didn't have complete card sets!

14. Strangiato

Strangiato Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Nightfall supports retina display on iPad.

15. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Doh, sorry, as its creator I'll take your word on it. ;)

16. Juicebox_R

Juicebox_R Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    If you're looking for a good, competitive TCG with an active community, give Shadow Era a try

17. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    Thanks for the responses guys. Pushed me over the edge with regards Nightfall and confirmed what I thought with regards AC:R. I had a suspicion, It was just too cheap and from too large a publisher, to not be a huge IAP money sink. Not that I've not spent ALOT on physical CCG's over the years, (going back to White Wolf's Rage.) But at least with those you got the actual cards to trade into a FLGS or swap for other needed cards!

I'm gonna get Nightfall. With any luck I shall install it on my other halfs iPad2 and convince her its a good addition to the board game shelf too.

Will also check out Shadow Era, see what its like.

18. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Shaodow era is a fun TCG where u decide which cards you want to use. They have a forum and everything...

For that kind of game I'd say it the best(made by the same guy who made battle for Wesnoth)

Ascension is an in game card building title that is similar to dominion and other board game type games.

Those are probly the best 2... Depending on what ur looking for.. There's also orions and samurai bloods and a few others all with slightly different gameplay.

19. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Eh. Not entirely. There are some pretty sharp elements, but there are many portions of the app that most certainly do not take advantage of the full resolution. Great game though, and speaking as one who is VERY picky about Retina, it's still a worthy purchase as is anything PlayDek puts out.