Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Which is a prime example for the proposal to create a thread for TouchArcade1. This thread has simply become too crowded and confusing for new comers.

2. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Can't add my name to the TA1 spreadsheet for some reason

3. PondusFM

PondusFM Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    #11543 PondusFM, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    Random number generations are random. Nimblebit doesn't send the gifts themselves, they use a program, and they don't recognize donations that way. Hey, theres been 3 days I didn't even recive anything on my game due to it (I know I missed out because my gf got the gifts on the ipad and everyone on here talked about what they got ;-) ).
    This actually happened to me again today, I got nothing and my gf got a P40 Warhawk :)

Yes it sucks not getting a concorde or C130, but you still get freebies, even tho their not what you want.

Grats :)

4. Montana Tapper

Montana Tapper New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    NH, USA
    Thank you...I'm new here

I've been playing Pocket Planes for awhile now and I really enjoy it. I was getting frustrated with my airport configuration, so I cut back on smaller airports and went with mostly Class 2s and 3s. Now that I've read thru some of the advice, I understand where I was going wrong with my strategy. Thank you to those higher level players who've been writing helpful posts. I really appreciate it. Of course, I'd still like to be able to fly from Honolulu to Tokyo east to west, but I get why it is the way it is.

5. Jonesy0329

Jonesy0329 Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Alabama
    It's still total and utter crap. Why have events to earn planes at all if you are just going to randomly give them away for a two week period for Xmas? I had not heard about anyone getting anything other than regular planes, C130s, and Concordes until now, when you mentioned the P40. Crap I say, crap. Horrible way for Nimblebit to encourage us to keep playing and dumping money, I mean making donations, to them to keep updating and fixing the game.

To all that did get some nice planes, congrats. Enjoy them :)

6. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    I caught... A CONCORDE ENGINE! (Pokemon style!)

7. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I wholeheartedly disagree. Nimblebit was generous and kind to add something fun to gameplay over the past 2 weeks, and for FREE. They didn't have to give any of us anything. For those complaining about days they received only 5 bux, I had a few days like that too and over the past two weeks that can easily amount to 30-50 bux at least. Again, for FREE. The distribution was completely random. I like that. I like that early level players were included in receiving big planes.

Your decision to purchase bux 1) allowed you to grow your fleet a little faster, and 2) showed support for the developers. That's it. Purchasing bux does not entitle one to anything beyond that.

8. PondusFM

Sep 5, 2012
    Because it's suppose to be a fun and nice gesture from the devs...

This. Hit the nail Snowbird.

9. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I tried to add you on GC and no dice.

I've noticed TA1 operates on a pay-it-forward basis, so to speak, with some trading happening. I know I was gifted a couple of SK's and the iOs distribution of a mapple. I've freely given KK parts to whomever needed it. (my memory is slipping on the generosity of the to/from, my apologies).

I can't remember how exactly I stumbled upon toucharcade and the forums unless i was looking for strategies via google, but i'm glad I did. The community here is tremendous and generous. Also, Snowbird's strategy consolidation post of posts is awesome.

As for the TA/TA1 forum split, I think you might kill both with cross-posts and two threads to catch up on rather than one.

--tim
    GC: tfrichards92

10. tfrichards92

tfrichards92 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    likewise on the strategy. I did more of the hub/spoke/regional-ish approach rather that straight line approach. I think it was the Barcelona event that opened my eyes to the transatlantic profitability. I know I was broke a couple of times in both bux and coins but that seems to have rectified itself in that I don't worry about it anymore right now and I read this forum to stay connected with a community... admittedly the paris event was a bit boring and i didn't try very hard and finished 48th with some number of jobs.

gc: tfrichards92

11. Perfect trumpet

Perfect trumpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Uk
    Can someone please edit/update spreadsheet for swishi please...
    New member :)

12. Batdive

Batdive Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Lol reminds me of growing up and getting the dreaded socks, shirts or pants for christmas gifts hahahah. Yep it's free but definitely not what I wanted :)

13. Mxboyles

Mxboyles Active Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Anybody got any tips for making a profit with the starship? Was gifted one by nimblebit, and was really excited about it, but have been playing around with different routes and I just keep losing money!
    If anyone has any ideas please help!!

Also, I am not too fussed about my Concorde body I got from the Paris event. If anyone wants to trade, the offers there!

14. laoqg

laoqg New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Looking for Concorde body and controls/Sea Knight body and engine

Would like to transfer with other parts that I have or gems

15. laoqg

laoqg New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Would like to trade your Concorde body

16. Mxboyles

Mxboyles Active Member

Dec 13, 2012
    #11556 Mxboyles, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    I have a Concorde body I would be happy to trade, any chance of anything for a sequoia p or aeroeagle c?
    My gc is mxboyles, add me :)

17. PondusFM

Sep 5, 2012
    Exactly :)

My understanding is that it's only good for bux transports, bux chasing and very short flights like inbetween London and Paris. The Starship is more of a collectors item in my opinion. Much like many other event/special planes.

On a side note, anyone working on some personal goals in the game? I'm thinking of starting to complete the Airpedia, got parts for most of the planes all ready, and maybe finish up the achivements :)

18. Flysher

Flysher Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Android player here that needs a concorde body and engine! :-D :-D. I have every other plane in the game minus the c130 for trade!

19. Mxboyles

Mxboyles Active Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Cheers! I don't think it will be of any use to me, so if anyone is looking for a starship, I'm taking offers! A seq p would go down nicely! :)

20. Jgallegop

Jgallegop New Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Neither I do, I was 21st in Paris.