iOS SHMUPs & the iCade

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Chocolate, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    #1 Chocolate, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
    Having read about the upcoming iCade, I was thinking how amazing SHMUPs would be on that thing. Just imagine Cave's games played with a real arcade stick and buttons - that would be pretty damn sweet. And all the other quality iOS SHMUPs too, like Lightning Fighter, Infinity Gene, Warblade etc. So many.

Question is, aside from the Atari Collection, do you think other devs will bother adding iCade support?

I made this topic just to see what interest this gaming community has in the idea of iCade support, especially since iOS seems to have lots of retro fans.

And for those who are visual...

[​IMG] on this [​IMG] = WIN!!! :D

2. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
  3. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Danmaku Unlimited is amazing and the developer, Foxbat, said that he was interested in seeing his game on the iCade.

4. nyarla

nyarla Well-Known Member

I want to add iCade support to my game Forget-Me-Not. I gather it's really easy to do, so it'd be silly not to. I think the only hurdle (especially if you're an indie/hobbyist dev) is getting hold of an iCade to test on..