Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. MikeWa86

MikeWa86 New Member

Jun 25, 2012
    YES! only once ive seen it. There were even Bitbook posts talking about the crazy pilot...kinda funny.

I think another time there was a monster on the wing. neat little easter eggs!

2. boomerkidd

boomerkidd Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Hi guys my "deliver 10000 passengers" achievement is stuck at 99% even though i've delivered more than that! The popout appeared but the achievement is not recorded on the awards tab. Is this a known bug?

3. fabytm

fabytm Active Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Timisoara, Romania
    Thanks for the advice!The Mohawk came in really handy for this event!

4. Spidubic

Spidubic Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    New event. Salvador. P-40 warhawk part. 50 jobs.

5. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I closed all my South America airports a LONG time ago.
    Just discovered I can't drop a Blimp in Lima, won't make it to Salvador from there. (was thinking of feeding Salvador jobs from LA)

6. fabytm

fabytm Active Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Timisoara, Romania
    I will participate in the event!Go #Toucharcade !

7. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    I would get rid of the Navigator, Wallaby, Griffon and Airvan. They're not gonna make you much money, and you're at a point where you really need to save up coins & Bux.

Keep the Kangaroo & Birchcraft (in the Hangar if not actively in use), they're good cheap workhorses to have around, even when you get to a higher level they'll be useful for shuttling people and for those flight crew events to smaller cities.

With the Pearjet, try to load 5 going to the same place for the 25% bonus.

Using M planes or C/P planes is personal preference. Use whichever is easier for you. Loading C/P planes is easier upfront compared to M planes. My fleet is mostly M planes (with only 1 C and 1 P).

8. Spidubic

Jun 26, 2012
    I pulled all my blimps and mohawks and have started returning my aeroeagles into service. One thing I have learned from events is do NOT get rid of old planes. Always keep the best class 1 and class 2 planes in the hanger for times like this. My blimps get a bit of a break with this event after going full bore on the last two.

9. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    I put 2 AeroEagles on it and then they closed London and one of them was grounded for a bit. Grrr. I think London is open again so I better back to it...

I guess I'll have to put the blimps back into the hangar. They're slow, but I really liked how they're so BIG and easy to spot on my plane list, making it very quick to zero in on the event planes. I keep Blimp, Seaknight, Kangaroo and Birchcraft around for small city events.

Finally got my reward for Norilsk (ranked #14).

10. Spidubic

Jun 26, 2012
    Yeah, blimps are cool. Hoping to get them back in service for the next event.

Not sure who I was battling with since yesterday but I was 9th then got bumped to 10th and was slowly creeping up on 9th today. Last I saw I was 10th with 534 and 9th had 534. Either way I ended up 9th!

11. coastcat

coastcat Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2012
    I found myself in a late battle for position on this event. After bouncing around in the low 30s with occasional jumps to the high 20s, I decided to settle for 34th place which is where I was this morning. That is, until I checked the leaderboard and saw that a couple players were making a late push. The competitive urge kicked in, and I had to kill time waiting while my car was in the shop... finished at #27. Can't remember the number of jobs - 415 or so?

Time to check out South America.

12. PanamaCanal

PanamaCanal Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Opened Salvador and now using New York as a hub to send my jobs with aeros.. Can be done with 5% range upgrade.

13. ElkhoundsRock

ElkhoundsRock Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Hockey
    Canada
    The event in Salvador is perfect because I just bought rio yesterday

14. Som yung gai

Som yung gai Well-Known Member

Hey, NimbleTim, how about an airport expansion upgrade? You get two per level, and the airports you choose to upgrade become one class higher, and you can only upgrade an airport once?

15. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    I haven't seen a mystery part yet today. I was wondering, do you have to reach the 50job goal first before they even start appearing?

I've seen the upside down plane once back when I was around level 10, I'm 23 now... I'm angry I didn't think to get a screen shot lol

16. Spidubic

Jun 26, 2012
    Only get mystery parts when the prize is a full plane.

17. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Oh poo, I was all excited about hunting parts. Thanks for the info!

18. Symph0ny

Symph0ny Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Wow some of you guys must be on performance enhancing drugs. I had that top position for the first hour with eight aeroeagles pumping jobs in nonstop. I even have all the south american class 3s fully upgraded and I still got easily overtaken pretty fast. I yield, Whoever you are, youre way too much lol.

19. Klodi13

Klodi13 Member

Jul 19, 2012
    I'm number 62 and i wasn't even putting effort into it, might as well go for top 50 at this event.

I'm thinking of expanding my airline; going from all america to china, japan, korea and maybe india. Has anyone tried this?

20. Faye Valentine

Jun 20, 2012
    LOL. I made the top 10 even though I'm not using the most efficient method of delivering from nearby South American cities. I've been delivering Salvador jobs from New York, London, and even as far as Shanghai. Most of my planes are still running around between LA and Tokyo.

Here's the top 10:
    #1 ... 753
    #2 ... 618
    #3 ... 571
    #4 ... 503
    #5 ... 502
    #6 ... 432
    #7 ... 416
    #8 ... 357
    #9 ... 343
    #10 ... 315