How did I reached 46,000 downloads in less than two months full details [Android]

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Yoav Franco, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    I can't say if Android Featuring is valuable or not, my only app on the platform (Family Feud 2) was never featured. How to Train Your Dragon was recently but I have no information available about the game. The whole Android store layout confuses me, but I think that's because until 12 months ago I ignored it, whereas I've been working on iOS for almost 5 years.

I've had the privilege of having an app debut in each of the major feature areas (New + Noteworthy, a minor banner and the fricken huge banner on the top) and saw the numbers for each and night and day is an understatement. With the differences between the best featuring and the worst, I can't imagine how horrible it would be to launch an app with no featuring.

2. impe83

impe83 New Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Good job! 50K downloads for your first game its pretty good without marketing! :cool:

how did you made the promo video?

3. timburr

timburr Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Nice design and simple controls!

4. scfxv

scfxv Member

Aug 27, 2014
    yeah very nice ! I have more users on apple store than google play, but I'm far from 1000's of downloads. congratulation! (I don't have big marketing, it is only me, without any money).
    :D

5. Benjonesdesign

Sep 18, 2014
    Mobile app and games designer
    London, UK
    Great advice, definitely points we learnt from our first release Jungle Climber, a lot of those points we simply didnt follow. Second game will be using all those points! :)

6. shakingsheep

shakingsheep Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Director, Graphic Designer and Animator.
    Hong Kong
    Very nice and helpful information! thanks you!:)