Have "Apps" become the new "admob page"

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by OnlyJoe, Jan 18, 2014.

1. OnlyJoe

OnlyJoe Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Auckland
    In 2000ish we had the rise of the money making admob sites, you know them, the site which has rubbish content that is total designed to get people to click on adverts and show up in search engines. Today it seems that the app store is getting flooded with tons of apps like this, which are all about showing ads and have no content to them at all.

I do really enjoy making games, and spend a lot of time trying to come up with new concepts. But it seems that the real games get lost in this sea of reskinned clones. It seems that the app store has not really worked this out, and is full of the same problems that existed in the past. They really should do something similar to newgrounds with a social element to voting games up etc.

2. BlindAlbino

BlindAlbino Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    I am Co-Founder and Art Director for Blind Albino,
    La Habra Hights, California
    Yes, it seems a major evolutionary step needs to take place. The beast has long ago broken free of its chains. Problem is as I see it, there is not yet any ready-made new cage to peacefully contain the monster, and very few beast wranglers in sight volunteering their field reports. A great time creatively, a very rough time in the market.