David. // A Physics-Based Platforming Bossfighter!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fermenter, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fermenter

Fermenter Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    #1 Fermenter, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

Hi Touchers!

My name is Andrew Armstrong from Fermenter. We've just released my game, David, a physics-based platforming boss-fighter, on iOS, Windows and Mac.

[​IMG]

http://www.fermentergames.com/david/

You play David, an awfully small abstracted chosen hero tossed into a blissfully simple world overrun by giant culminations of evil physics-beasts. As David, you are given a slingshot-esque gift that you will have to use to conquer your colossus foes. Hold, aim, and fling to attack (Angry Birds style!).

Think Limbo + Shadow of the Colossus + Angry Birds.

Features a 9-level campaign, a survival/arena/rpg mode, a secret basket-ball-pit minigame, and hats! (Additional levels and other content are in the works and will be released if I see a demand.)

Page of info goodies! http://www.fermentergames.com/david/
    Trailer Video! https://vimeo.com/88035024
    Press-kit! http://www.fermentergames.com/press-david

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Release Date: Out Now!
    Price: $2 (on sale for $1!)
    Platforms: iOS, Windows, MacOSX
    Where: DavidIsAGame.com (direct)

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send em back to me. Reviews and feedback are super helpful!

Thanks so much. Cheers!
    Andrew Armstrong
    Lead Developer // FermenterGames.com

2. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#2 Bronxsta, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    I'm playing the PC version and I'll say this, you guys are in for a treat. This game is so cool. I'm really enjoying the minimalist abstract visuals, but the gameplay is equally impressive. Given the description and mix of inspirations, I wasn't sure what to expect, but now that I've played, I definitely see the SotC and Angry Birds inspirations. (Limbo vibe is a bit vague)

The bosses are large angular masses of shapes, moving with oddly menacing animalistic behaviors. One is a lunging, almost bull-like enemy, another a flying cluster that hones in on you as you deftly evade it. The levels progress from simple arena style fights to more puzzle-like battles such as a fight with a shark like boss where you can't bring your weapon below the surface. Each fight has two modes: a normal mode and a hard mode where you only have one piece of health.

I can't wait to see what content is added in future updates, because the game is already solid and has so much potential for even more variety.

Definitely keep an eye on David.

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Haha Touchers?

But wow, this looks fantastic! And Bronxstas imps show that's true :D

4. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks dudes! It means a lot, for real.
    I hope it's true, JCho133!

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Heh heh, I guess I'll just have to see for myself!

6. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Looks awesome!!! I can't wait!

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Touchers haha

Anything with Shadow of the Colossus in it gets my instant-buy :)

Even more music to my ears, looking forward to this. Love the minimalist look and the SotC thing.

8. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Thought it was a flash game on pc to try out for free. Well it's not, so i have to wait for the ios version to come out. Very interested and it could be even a day one buy.
    Take your time...and i really hope you will have Gamecenter from the beginning. A few Devs made the mistake lately (imho) to release their games without, saying it's coming later (but wasn't).

9. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks, mate!

Wowzah, I'm glad I've caught your interest. I like you, guy!

No free and no flash, but be on the lookout for a promo code soon!
    Also, I'm not sure my game would benefit from GameCenter, honestly. Although there is an arena mode in which a highscore is kept, this game is meant to be almost completely introverted, with no distractions for outside parties (GameCenter in this case). The PC/Mac version DOES however include an extremely passive 3rd party leaderboard that works well with the flow of the game. Let me know what you think, and if you think David would in fact benefit from GameCenter.

10. Looks really cool, reminds me of some early Sega CD titles that worked a lot with early vector technology.

Best of luck!

11. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Thanks, kind of going trough a rough patch so I needed that :)

I know GameCenter is painful (as with the whole Apple submission process) but I think GameCenter enhances every game. It adds a competitive side that makes every game more fun trying to repeat levels over and over until you surpass Roger, or Sink or Swim scores (Matt33 or Andy are out of reach for me). Its a thing we like here on TouchArcade and everywhere else I believe :p. And if the PC version has it implemented on the game already I think it will be really easy to add it here (except the Apple side of course). Some leaderboards counting time, deaths and score are always very welcome :)

12. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I could not write it better, thanks.

And just saying, i recently deleted two nice highscore chaser because no Gamecenter was implemented at release (and never came later) and that's why people "forgot" to talk about it. Let people compare their score and they spread the word, hopefully.
    Important to have it right from the start, imho.

13. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Yes, agree. The highscoring chasers without GameCenter are always the first to go, always. They lack the competitive side that gives app that extra push for any game, much more for any kind of endless game. :)

14. sebmat86

sebmat86 Member

Mar 7, 2014
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Oh boy, do this look great! :D Will check this out!! :D

15. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY

Interesting discussion, guys. Well dang, I might have to look more into it then. Even for the single player side of the game, I suppose I could integrate gamecenter with some sort of time-based score. Hmmn! :eek:

16. Fermenter

Mar 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY

Thanks for your interest, mate! :D

Thanks! Although the software I used to build David doesn't actually draw using vectors, I did my best to make it look that way! :cool:

17. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Someone posted these impressions on TIGForum and I think they perfectly illustrate why I'm enjoying this game
    As for me, I finally tried the arena and it's really cool. You earn points to upgrade your weapon, health, and armor, and each wave brings more and bigger enemies. Gets very challenging

18. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I'm such a tool, just came across this thread, I just saw the out now but so went off searching the pp store for it, div that I am, I shoukd read properly and I'd have seen it's out on PC now not iOS.

I've got something to look forward too now. Agree with others about gamecentre, I used to think it wasn't important and usually to me it's not but in games where highscores play a big part it's essential in my opinion, and gets people talking about the game more as they brag about who is the best.

19. Game looks really cool, will keep my eyes on this one for sure.

20. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Awesome! And I played it on PC and we are in for treat. Love all those doors leading you to monsters and the look, it is a kind of beauty impossible to describe in words or pictures. Oh, we are in for a treat with the iOS version :D