App/Game updates taking absolutely ages to download

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by adansantos, Aug 17, 2015.

1. adansantos

adansantos Well-Known Member

May 29, 2013
    Been happening since yesterday.

I have currently got the Angry Birds update downloading on iTunes and the estimated time for downloading is FOUR hours! Similar times for other updates and the same is happening on both my iPhone 6 and iPad Air.
    I have checked my internet connection on speedtest.com and it is as usual. Also restarted modem to no avail.

Is this happening to anybody else?

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Used to happen to my daughters ipad.
    Shutting the whole ipad off for a while seemed to fix it.
    Signing out and then back in to iTunes might help.
    Resetting network settings on the ipad was another idea I came across when she had probs.

On a couple of occasions it was a space issue. It would be trying to download when the space wasn't there and for some reason the pop up to tell me I needed to make space just didn't show.

3. adansantos

May 29, 2013
    Thank you. The fact that it is happening in 3 separate devices at once makes me think the issue doesn't lie with the devices but the apple servers maybe?

I have plenty of space on all of them.

4. adansantos

May 29, 2013
    Yeah, now all of a sudden, downloads work like usual, without me doing anything further, which further reinforces my point that is was an Apple server issue.

Now, what about those apps that have been updated on iTunes, you sync your device, and the update doesn't sync, or the number badge doesn't change, and you have to sneakily open the app and quickly press 'update all' in order for the app to update and get rid of the red badge. Seriously Apple!

5. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

His happened to me and I had to not download anything for a day and sync it with iTunes. It was taking up nonexistent space.

6. adansantos

May 29, 2013
    So it is not my devices or computer, but rather the internet connection, that seems to throttle apple related downloads. I went to a coffee shop and the updates downloaded normally. Will have to ring my ISP :mad: