Developing questions

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by flargus, Jul 24, 2009.

1. flargus

flargus Active Member

Mar 13, 2009
    so im considering becoming a developer, but i dont know which programs to start out with. im good with computers, pretty good with art, but i dont know how to program or any programs to do it with. also, my PC Runs Linux os, but I also have one that runs windows xp. i dont have a mac, do i need one to develop apps?

thanks

2. Gabrielo

Gabrielo Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Hong Kong
    Yes, you need mac, xcode and iphone sdk

3. Tomm

Tomm New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    France
    Which distro of linux are you running?

4. P3Z

P3Z Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Slough, England
    Actually, you can install OSX onto a PC.

There are issues over the type of CPU/Board/Graphics you use to make it work, but it's not that hard.

I believe there is a OSX 10.5 version floating around, in ISO format, so you can test it out. You can also set it up for Dual Boot, but wouldn't recommend it.

Do a search for "OSX86" and "PC" and there'll be a few sites that explain how to do it etc. It will allow for the main elements of OSX, and also allow Network Connectivity to a Windows network so you can backup and get online.

Most software runs on it as far as i know. I'm downloading it now to test it out on a spare system over the next week, as I'm in the same position as you :)

Meanwhile, I suggest you have a a look at: www.unitytutorials.com and review the 4 stage game build doc. It will give you a good understanding of how technical it is for something so basic.

5. flargus

flargus Active Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I'm not sure what you mean, but i think the answer is open suse