iPhone Aqua Globs HD for iPad!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by qwiboo, Jun 20, 2010.

1. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Yap, it's real :)

We will need an iPad testers, preferably a people that enjoyed playing Aqua Globs on iPhone and would like to make the game even better on iPad.

Please email us at [email protected] if you're interested in beta testing.

Thanks and enjoy a screenshot of the menu for now ;)

[​IMG]

2. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
  3. silent genius

silent genius Well-Known Member

It will depend on the availability of the iPad this week but you'll hear from me as soon as I'm all geared up ^^

4. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    You know I'M ALL OVER THIS, Qwiboo!

I'm waay too curious to see what you do with all of this extra space the iPad affords.

5. bastband

bastband Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    England
    Email sent to you,based in UK

6. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Thanks to all of you that offered help. Anyone else wants to help to test the new amazing Aqua Globs HD? :)

7. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I still contend Aqua Globs HD is the game the iPad was made for! ;)

8. Finandir

Finandir Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 7, 2010
    I'd love to help. I sent you an email.

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I think that DGH (I have not seen him for a while?) is beginning to have some competition.... ;)

10. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Ahh, but here is where we differ, while I love Aqua Globs, I can't claim to be it's number one fan or even player...but I do think it would make such a perfect iPad game. Does this make sense?

11. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I understood from the beginning - I was just giving you a friendly rib... I guess I did not phrase it right.

However, I agree with your above comments about how Aqua Globs can use the space afforded the iPad, and I am looking forward to great things from Qwiboo...

12. saintsalive

saintsalive Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Playing pocket god! Oh, and other games.
    Pygmy Island
    Argh, I would love to, but I'm having iPad syncing issues :/ But best of luck, I will buy it as soon as it comes out :)

13. nicolaxl

nicolaxl Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    photograph
    italy
    any eta on release?

14. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Thanks to all of you that offered help! We have enough beta testers now ;)

The game should be submitted to Apple in 1-2 weeks if everything goes well. I'll keep you updated with some screenshots once I have some :)

15. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

The core of the gameplay is the same - connecting globs but we are adding more stuff to make the gameplay more fun and addicting :) We are doing a lot of gameplay testing and the game difficulty and pace was changed a lot. We have a panic button now to clear the screen when needed and also adding multipliers so you can get even higher scores :) The game also has adaptive difficulty so it analyses how good player you are and adjust the game pace accordingly ;)

I'm sure you will love it ;)

16. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    That Panic Button alone is a subtle change with a huge impact on play that is already really spicing stuff up. I love how it introduces an odd dynamic...do you save it until a point you need it to save your skin or do you just try to set up a situation where wiping out everybody on screen will make you the most points? It takes a good while to charge up so using it just for points might mean it isn't there when you need it but saving it for that rainy day might mean you're letting a great tool go to waste (once fully charged it just sits there until used so if you want to get multiple uses out of it in a game you might need to initially use it early enough so that it will be fully charged again when you think things will be really nasty.

I love elements like this that force you to make some tough decisions that, technically, there is no actual right answer.

17. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Things are going well so far and we have an amazing testers to help with the game as well. The new game mechanics are pretty much done together with the first level. Now it's time to redo the other levels.

Just a small teaser.. (image is resized to fit in here).
    [​IMG]

18. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    See that "x1.0" in the upper left corner? This is another cool new twist he's bringing to the game! As long as you can quickly chain certain groupings you'll bring up the multiplier (well at least up to its max multiplier value) so you have even more ways to go for stylish point gathering!

19. tattoojoo

tattoojoo Active Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Where are we on this? I want this port! :D

20. silent genius

silent genius Well-Known Member

Current state : beta-testing.

The first level is working like a charm and the second is almost done (just a few tweaks here and there).

I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to reveal here but let's just say : you'll love the Panic button and the multiplier because they spice up the gameplay ^^