Coming soon: Streetfood Tycoon (Looking for beta testers!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by egarayblas, Jan 14, 2012.

1. egarayblas

egarayblas Well-Known Member

#1 egarayblas, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    Update: Game is almost finished and I'm preparing for submission. I made a teaser video of Streetfood Tycoon:

Please forgive the quality of the video since this is my first time making one. :p

================

Hi Everyone,

I've been working on this game for several months now and I'm getting closer to release as I integrate the remaining parts of the game and additional content. It may not compete with Infinity Blade or Angry Birds but I've made it really fun for players to enjoy and come back to.

WANTED: Beta Testers!

I figured it'd be great to post info about the game as early as now so that I can get more feedback and improve the game further. Having said this, I'm looking for more beta testers who are willing to play the game thoroughly and provide valuable suggestions and feedback. As an added incentive, selected Beta Testers can also have their "cartoon" versions included in the final game as "customers" (and credits too!). Please contact me via Twitter (@kuyimobile) or visit this link to register.

Streetfood Tycoon: The Game

Streetfood Tycoon is a simulation game (mixed with a bit of arcade) that puts the player at the forefront of managing a foodcart business. You start out as a newbie and work your way to the top and become a Tycoon--all by selling streetfood. As the game progresses, you get to unlock new items, buy new tools, move to different locations and sell more types of streetfood. The game is focused more on generating revenues and achieving objectives but statistics and graphs are also included for hardcore sim fanatics.

WANTED: Indie developers!

If you're an indie developer and would like some cross-promotion, I posted an opportunity here which you maybe interested in!

WANTED: App Trailer!

I'm also looking for someone who can create video trailers for apps--if you are one or know someone who can, I'd greatly appreciate it if you can drop me a note.

Below are some screenshots from the latest build and I'll be posting more updates soon. What do you guys think? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated! :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thank you so much!

2. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    I registered, the game sound like it could be fun

3. egarayblas

Thanks! Will be in touch soon. :)

4. Theassassinator

Theassassinator Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Registered! Love "tycoon" games, so excited about this one :)

5. egarayblas

@Theassassinator: Thanks! Can you please register a device on your Testflight account? :)

6. Theassassinator

Theassassinator Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Yeah just done it, should be ok now..

7. egarayblas

@Theassassinator: Thanks! Will be in touch soon. :)

8. egarayblas

Whoa! I never thought I'm going to get a lot of beta applications. I'm afraid I'm going to close the beta for now guys, because I only have 100 devices to accommodate (as per Apple's policy). Thanks for taking the time to join! I will be sending out a build soon. Watch this space for updates! :)

9. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    signed up hope I get picked

10. egarayblas

@Bparker: I'm not being picky with testers, its just that Apple has a limit of only 100 devices allowed per developer. I didn't anticipate that a lot of players would be interested to join the beta. You should expect an email soon. Thanks! :)

11. egarayblas

Hi everyone! If you recently joined our beta, please make sure that you have registered an iOS device on your TestFlightApp account. We need your UDIDs so that we can include you. We're wrapping up the beta and hoping to send out a build soon. Thanks! :)

12. Zakoth

Zakoth Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Student
    Yorkshire, England
    Just installed a build on my phone.

Impressions in about 10 minutes (unless I get really into it)

13. Zakoth

Zakoth Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Student
    Yorkshire, England
    The game is good, I've only had 2 issues, when restocking the bar flashes and is quite irritating and when I restocked once I got charged twice and it asked me to restock when the thing was full.

14. egarayblas

@Zakoth: Noted! Thanks for the feedback. :)

15. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    applied today using your provided link - a testflight!

16. Zakoth

Zakoth Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Student
    Yorkshire, England
    Also, is a save system implemented? I played and I had to start again, I could have accidentally touched new game.

17. egarayblas

@Zakoth: I reckon you didn't read the "readme" sent via TestFlight? :p Game saving will be available on the next beta. Had to finalize the rest of the game features before I can proceed with game saving, sorry about that. :)

@reec0X: Thanks for joining! Unfortunately, our slots are filled up but I'll see if I can accommodate you on the next beta. :)

18. Zakoth

Zakoth Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Student
    Yorkshire, England
    Ah, I was in a rush to play :D

19. egarayblas

@Zakoth: No problem. Feel free to email or post here if you find anything. :)

20. egarayblas

Btw guys, please support my other game--Card Drop! I made it as a finalist in this year's BestAppEver Awards! Please vote for it as Best Card Game by clicking the link below if you think it deserves to win. A huge thanks! :)

http://bit.ly/Ax7qoy

Sorry for the shameless plug. :)