Is Game Center information stored on the device or servers?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jack of Hearts, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Jack of Hearts

Sep 2, 2010
    I restored my iPhone 4 and logged in with a new Apple ID. I purchased Age of Zombies on it and loaded it up for it to give me around 20 achievements. I played this game before I restored it but it was on another Apple ID not associated with the Game Center account I'm using now. I changed my Game Center nickname to my old one as well and changed my old one to something random but I don't think that has anything to do with that cause people change those often. Ideas?

2. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Some of the data is stored on the device but it is synced with the servers every-time you open GC or use GC in an app.

3. heavy liquid

heavy liquid Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Can achievements be completed while offline?

(and then synced with Game Center the next time my iTouch is online?)

4. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Sure.They sync when you have internet connection.

5. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    not all the time, there are always some sync bugs which is nasty and GC is extremely slow I hate that... or is it just me!?

6. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Its pretty fast for me, better/ faster than OpenFeint.

7. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    I wish, but it laggs as *** and has often no connection at all (meaning loading, loading, loading without any success) GC sucks in this regard on my device, but perhabs my slow internet is fault!?

8. Flare

Flare Member

Dec 1, 2010
    I have a problem. I played a bunch of Beast Boxing 3D on my iPod offline, collected around 10 achievements, and when I got it online to sync them, they won't.

The game itself shows me the achievements, but Game Center won't take them. I guess those are lost forever. How annoying.

So is this is a frequent problem?