The free-to-play rot has festered, reached the grand fathers of computer gaming...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PureRumble, Jun 5, 2013.

1. PureRumble

PureRumble Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Isnt it a little bit heartbreaking when even one of the greatest legends of computer gaming, the creator of tetris, has given in to the lust for gold that only consumable iaps provide through (imo) ignorant peoples credit cards?

http://www.148apps.com/reviews/marbly-review-2/

I didnt want to cover this in the game thread as the man himself is there trying to oversee his business and keep a good spirit.

But seriously, him too? Of all people?? Is there no end to this?

2. WildSnake

WildSnake Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    WildSnake Software - Co-Owner, Co-Game Designer, C
    I don't see the reason to discuss this in the separated thread.
    Anyway, we suppose mentioned review very useful for us.
    We prepare update based on the issues highlighted in such reviews. And this helps us and a lot.

As for inApps themselves - I believe this is very good way to let people play and to let developers to get their money from this ( if they do their job well ). Very fair (kind of shareware) model. Or perhaps I didn't get what the whole rant is about. ;)

Saying about Tetris creator - Alexey - he lusts not for a gold mostly. He just agreed to help us as our very close friend. Fortunately he is more than enough with gold. This is for sure. :D

PS Anyway - this was a luck for me to find out your thread because basically I subscribe to my own threads to keep watching for them but it's hard to track any "Marbly" mention around. :)

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    In the nicest possible way, it kinda sounds like you just haven't played enough bad games yet :p

4. WildSnake

WildSnake Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    WildSnake Software - Co-Owner, Co-Game Designer, C
    Oh! Yes. Just our own. :D

But I still don't see the problem. If you get an option to check the game for free what could be better and easier?