Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Don't worry I got lots of money sitting in my bank account :)

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    As for Declassified all the user reviews are rating it highly so far, not a lot to go on could easily be people who worked on it. The worrying factor for me is the fact it seems that no one was given a review copy which definitely points towards the game being poor.

Two possible conclusions

One the game is actually quite good but very short one guy says he's completed it already

Two: The game is terrible and all the tricks are being pulled to sell copies early before any reviews can be made

I'm happy to wait and hope it's number one but I won't rule out number two yet.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Any idea when IGN's review will be up for BO?

4. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    According to the UK site they weren't given a copy of it, which is one of the reasons I'm suspicious about it still.

5. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Most people on gamefaqs, psvitaforum, and YouTube all seem to enjoy it. That's where I've seen the most impressions.

They are receiving a copy from Activision. They just didn't get it early. They did say if their copy didn't show up today that they'd just buy own on their own.

6. #3566 Haruhi, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
    Even if it's a decent game, the $50 price for such little content makes the purchase hard to justify.

Edit: Oh right, subscribe to PS+ now. Look at all this new Vita content you're getting for $50 a year:
    [​IMG]

7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/11/13/playstation-vitas-playstation-plus-lineup?abthid=50a26e878bb052087d00000f

8. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#3568 Der-Kleine, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012

What's new in 2.00:
    - PlayStation Plus
    - 1080p video playback
    - email app
    - Content manager can connect to online storage
    - content manager can wirelessly connect to your PC
    - Browser has an upgraded rendering engine and has been optimized, HTML 5 support
    - tweet an url right from the browser

9. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Any of you hear any news about DLC for Most Wanted Vita?

10. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Yeah, that's my main reservation right now. Also, dang. I own all but two of the instant collection games- just don't have Jet Set Radio or FF Tactics. Was hoping Unit 13 would be there- still have yet to pick it up. Kind of surprised- they're offering some of the systems best games.

11. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Black ops declassified MP is alot better than I thought. Even though I think guns have way too much recoils tho. Like its too much.

12. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I think it's fine, I'm loving it right now!

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    How big are the maps, and is the AI and graphics really as bad as in the vids?

14. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Anyone have credible info on the single player campaign length for COD? Getting all sorts of conflicting reports on the net from 42 minutes to 7 hours to complete it. One guy says each of the 10 missions takes only 5 minutes to complete. Man I hope that is BS. Also hear there are no checkpoints in the missions. Gotta be a REAL review somewhere on this game...

15. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Graphics seem great, to me but I had low expectations. The AI seems fine considering the missions have no checkpoints because they are similar in length to spec ops missions from mw2&3. And yes the missons are short but on veteren difficulty they can be quite challenging. Hostiles mode is a ton of fun and multiplayer is 10x better then resistance. I have to say, nihilistic did a great job on this and I also here of the possibility of a zombie mode being added later on as dlc if the game does well enough.

16. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    So for the multiplayer, I played about 2 hours now.
    It has gun lvl, which let you unlock attachment, and as you rank up, you unlock new type of grenade or kill streak or guns.
    Maps like nuke house (half size of nuke town) isn't really my fav. But maps like intel (wdw? One of the snow map from black ops 1) and range (fire range) are my fav right now.
    Kill confirm is a lot of fun, game runs on around smooth framerates. It's way better than laggy online like resistance burning skies.
    I can also drop shot people, throwing grenade is easier than what it was like in BS, and also knifing is in perfect spot even tho it's kinda hard lol.
    4 vs 4 actually really works well. But sometimes people rage quit (noobs) and its really hard to find people to kill sometimes.
    When you go in the lobby, it has the same music as black ops on consoles, so as beinging of the match and end of the match sound. Gun sounds are pretty good. Perks doesn't seem over powered or anything.
    And one more thing, it seems like this game has UNLIMITED SPRINT. I just noticed that. You can also have a clam tag, and you have shit loads of challenge to do.
    There is challenge for the perks, which is simply getting kills with perks you have. And things kinda confuse me is that for the perk challenge it says *lightweight pro 1* etc so I don't know if there is a pro perk in this game but we will see

17. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I'm skipping COD even if it is a bit better than I expected I just refuse to buy a game at that price with such a small campaign and from what I've read there are only 6 tiny multiplayer maps.

Seriously if they are going to charge console game prices I want the same number of levels and content and really 8 players online is terrible anyway you look at it as an example I can remember playing the Socom fireteam bravo 3 online and it had 16 players at once that's on a PSP.

Still no real reviews anywhere today from what I can find.

18. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    One more question: To anyone that has downloaded COD from PSN, do you get a code to download the PSP game Roads to Victory like you get from a regular store bought version of the game?

19. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    If you buy it from PSN, you don't get RtV. There isn't even a discount. You can only get RtV if you buy the North American retail copy of the game.

20. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    #3580 LucianOrb, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012