Fallen - Beautifully Minimal Reaction Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by frazermerrick, Jul 3, 2015.

1. frazermerrick

frazermerrick Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Composer
    England
    Hi all,

I wanted to show you the new trailer we made for Fallen! https://youtu.be/0nT8x7PztdA

Set in a beautifully minimal world, simply spin the wheel and match the colours as they fall. The intuative mechanic is familiar yet innovative, described as a cross between Tetris and Pinball. As you hit higher scores you'll journey through evolving worlds with beautiful colour schemes, challenging pin formations and adrenaline pumping music. Catch the power-ups as they fall to help you hit even higher scores, from the invinciblity of 'Nitro' to the screen shaking 'Blast'.

Would love to know what you think?

2. AcuteAngle

AcuteAngle Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Developer
    New York
    Frazermerrick,

Game looks really nice!

Art is good, I assume music will be same as well.

What is the game mechanic? Just tap to move the circle?

3. frazermerrick

frazermerrick Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Composer
    England
    Thank you! I wrote a blog entry about the music actually :) http://teaboygames.com/blog/indiedev/fallen-ost/

You're right about the mechanic yes, tap the sides to spin the wheel and match the colours as they fall :) You can also tap the power-ups as they fall and then again to activate them. You'll earn currency in game (by performing extra spins and combos) to upgrade the PowerUps making them last longer, meaning you'll hit higher scores!

4. mihirsh09

mihirsh09 New Member

Jul 5, 2015
    Hi, music is great.seems to be a good time waster.mechanism looks similar to gyro and done in a better way.

5. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #5 Lavender, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    I also like the music.
    I like the creativity of the game.
    I love games that are challenging and relaxing at the same time and I think you have done that with your game.

I have all the usual questions! :)
    Estimated date of release?
    Freemium or premium?
    How many levels?

Good luck.

6. frazermerrick

frazermerrick Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Composer
    England
    Thank you for the kind words!

Aiming for release in August, and it will be free! As you play the game you can earn coins by performing extra spins and 'Perfect Runs', you can then use these coins to upgrade the power-ups, For example make the nitro last longer or extend the range of the shockwave. You can supplement your coins by watching an advert on the game-over screen.

We may look to include IAPs in the future with new power-ups and selector-wheel designs, but they'll follow in a subsequent update :)

7. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Are you going to have forced. Idea ads? If so... Will you implement an iap for ad removal in the future?
    Thanks!

An August release isn't to far away.... I can wait. Maybe...... :)

8. frazermerrick

frazermerrick Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Composer
    England
    Initially, there'll be no forced adds...but we may experiment going forwards.

Oh yeah, I never said earlier but its endless (no levels as such). The game changes as you play, new music/backgrounds/pin-formations...keeping it fresh as you hit higher scores!

You can sign up to our mailing list to keep up to date with release :) http://eepurl.com/biOhLz or follow us on twitter/facebook @teaboygames

9. frazermerrick

frazermerrick Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Composer
    England
    Responsive Design

In this world operating system fragmentation and a sea of aspect ratios and resolutions, how do you deal with making your game work universally?

iPhone Screenshot
    [​IMG]
    iPad Screenshot
    [​IMG]

This is our responsive design for Fallen, the minimal reaction game. Since the falling balls bounce off the edge of the screen, we couldn't make the game width responsive as it would change the gameplay too much (slowing it down). So instead we forced the game to keep the native ratio and it fills the gaps either side which also act as buttons.