Is there a way to...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gabrien, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    ...delete apps from an iPod Touch after you've reached the 11 page limit? I mean, without doing it through iTunes on a PC.

Thanks.

2. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Of course. Hold your finger on any icon so they will start wiggling, then hit the X to remove.

3. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    Sorry, I should have been clearer: I mean the apps you can't see any more on the regular pages. Ones you can only find through search.

4. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    No way to do this afaik. You`ll need to remove those apps from iTunes only.

5. Gabrien

Nov 24, 2009
    Ok, thanks, was afraid of that but hoping maybe I was missing something. Very annoying but have to deal with it I guess.

I actually never understood why there was a page limit in the first place, now on top of that have to deal with having to connect to PC (and go make a sandwhich or something while it syncs) just to delete an app I don't want. To those who think this isn't a big deal, imagine you've just downloaded a free trial game (or three) and know you don't like it after playing for a minute or two... Now, you either have to connect to PC to delete it, or risk forgetting it's there... Now imagine if you do this a couple of times a day... Come to think of it, this will almost certainly cause me pause before trying a new game, which isn't good for the devs or anyone.

Just saying, very inconvenient for a very convenient device. Anyone know why this is so? Or if this will be addressed by Apple in the future?

6. adot777

adot777 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    but you can copy the game you want to remove it right now, then remove it, when you want to replay it again,just reinstall it...

7. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I`m afraid you didnt read the question completely. He is willing to remove these apps but there`s no way to delete them without connecting to the iTunes.

Only apple knows for sure about what features will be introduced in the future.

Btw, you can delete these apps if your iPod is jailbroken. Or if you dont want to jailbreak it then you can also use the extra page trick to increase the total number of pages on the iPod (havent tried it myself, seems kinda unstable).