Z.O.N.A: Road to Limansk $1.99 --> $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Tenb, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Tenb

Tenb Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012

Z.O.N.A

- The highest score game review 10/10 app-score.com
    - Leave the most dangerous zone of Chernobyl nuclear power stat…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    - The highest score game review 10/10 app-score.com
    - Leave the most dangerous zone of Chernobyl nuclear power station as
    quickly as possible, drive the legendary Soviet UAZ, tune your car as if
    you are from power structures of Soviet Union.

In this game you have to go to the «Exclusion Zone» as a carefree young
    driver. He raced on the roads in the area of Pripyat, but on the way he
    met blind dog-mutant. Failed to brake our hero demolished the beast and
    broke his «Gazelle». Waking after a few hours of oblivion, the boy was
    surprised to see that he was still alive, and also noticed garages,
    rotting among the leaning trees, close to the place of the accident...
    Hoping he went there and found a «Zaporozhets» car. This is not a «Gazel»
    of course, thought the boy, but in any case it's better than nothing, and
    began to mess about in the ignition of the car.

So the player will have to steer the car. First there will be lack of fuel
    and rotted motor. Moving through the «Zone» you will get financial
    resources, for which you can buy fuel, improve motor and even get a «UAZ».
    Where could you take all this in godforsaken hole? And nobody knows what
    other secrets are stored in the this lonely place, called «Exclusion
    Zone»...

Your task is to leave the zone as quickly as possible.

Key features are as follows:
    - dynamic gameplay
    - nice graphics
    - atmosphere of abandoned Soviet town
    - for types of technics (ZAZ, UAZ, ZIL, T-72) with the possibility to
    change the color
    - possibility to upgrade any equipment (wheels, transmission, engine, etc.)
    - realistic physics
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Racing
    Release:Aug 22, 2012
    Updated:Jan 05, 2013
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

YouTube: video

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Z.o.n.a.=p.o.s.

3. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    #3 mrbiggles, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    agree, glad i got it when it was FREE ;)

UGH!
    GarBaGE!

4. Tenb

Tenb Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    but as you poluchaetsya paste the video?

5. Tenb

Tenb Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Today is the last day prices at 0.99 a hurry who still neuspel try.

6. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Neuspel? Gasundheit!

7. mrbiggles

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    para que podamos ver la diversión emocionante :D

8. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Come on, it isn't that exciting :/

Edit: oh, sarcasm. Hard to detect on the internet, even harder when it's not your native language.

9. mrbiggles

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    jaja, tienes... es pura basura ola

The video shows the excitement! Try to watch the whole thing and you'll be wishing you could play it too ;)

10. Tenb

Tenb Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Exactly :)

11. Tenb

Tenb Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    50% off for a limited time

12. Tenb

Tenb Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Z.O.N.A: Road to Limansk $1.99 --> $0.99

★★★ 50% discount for one day!!! ★★★

Z.O.N.A: Road to Limansk

Igor Migun
    *** Redesigned graphics, improved physics, dynamic gameplay and other will not let you get bored. Game actions start i…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    *** Redesigned graphics, improved physics, dynamic gameplay and other will not let you get bored. Game actions start in a short time after the first part Z.O.N.A. Where our protagonist reaching the post of DPS expected to leave the Chernobyl zone. Suddenly he found himself in an abandoned bar. Starting from this place you have to find your way across the abandoned exclusion zone. Lots of tracks, challenging puzzles and tasks are waiting for you in the game. As well as a huge number of Soviet machinery that will help you to overcome a long way from the area or even discover the secret of what is happening here. Key games: * Familiar world of post-Soviet space. * Authentic objects of the Chernobyl exclusion zone * Atmosphere of eerie mystery and constant danger * Collection and sale of artifacts. * Atmospheric music and sound. * Large selection of Soviet machinery. * Death anomalies. TOP 10 Racing TOP 10 New Games TOP 100 Games
    Information
    Seller:Igor Migun
    Genre:Adventure, Racing
    Release:Nov 27, 2012
    Updated:Dec 09, 2012
    Version:1.01
    Size:84.6 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

13. Tenb

Tenb Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Holiday Sale, 50% discount! $1.99 --> $0.99. Promotion time is limited!

14. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Hey, Tenb. You gave away the game free a couple times... pushed the price up and then dropped it again too much. I think many here that wanted the game probably got it when it was free. You can do what you want of course, but I think you need to space this stuff out as it looks pretty desperate to constantly raise and lower the price. It takes time to gain traction in the AppStore... especially when competing for peoples attention from all the sales on games they've wanted for a while.

It's kind of disturbing to look at the price history on ZONA:RTL

19 days ago, app became free
    17 days ago, price increased to $0.99
    17 days ago, price increased to $1.99
    12 days ago, price dropped to $0.99
    11 days ago, price increased to $1.99
    11 days ago, price dropped to $0.99
    10 days ago, price increased to $1.99
    8 days ago, price dropped to $0.99
    7 days ago, priice increased to $1.99
    5 days ago, app became free
    3 days ago, price increased to $1.99
    15 hours ago, price dropped to $0.99

Artificially inflating and dropping the price to get into the app shopping apps... just looks bad. I can understand though developing something and it not selling or not selling enough of the IAP coins or in this case "coupons".

Also of note, the latest review from Tuesday says that the dude bought it for a $1 but it doesn't run on iPhone 5 at all. I just installed it on my 4S with 6.0.1 and it seems to work... but the translation is fairly bad. The first words on the screen are "oh, you got alive!". Gameplay is confusing. After navigating the adventure segment in the bar, I drove to some building and it's not clear what I was doing there ... just there was a countdown timer. I tried touching everything in that room ... nothing worked. Now back in the bar I'm pretty much forced to buy IAP Coupons or start the game over and pay closer attention to the text so I can, maybe, find the map or whatever I was there for.

15. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    #15 Appletini, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    It's just becoming spam at this point; maybe these threads should start being deleted, accompanied by a note that encourages devs not to try pulling "change and advertise a new price every twelve hours" stunts.

In addition, I picked up this game for free (the HD version), but it also didn't work at all on my 4th-gen iPad with iOS 6.0.1 (just opens with a black screen and doesn't go any further), so it went in the bin pretty quickly.

16. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Yep, that was me. His response was "We solve this problem..." Uh... no you didn't. Still haven't been able to play the game that I paid for.

17. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    It sucks you bought the game given it's been free twice now. Probably after the freeze it'll go free for a day then back to $1.99... then on sale to $0.99 a few hours later and so on.

As far as the actual game goes (whenever it gets fixed, if you try it)... I don't want to be mean here but it's not very good. Maybe I'll give it one more shot, but it'll have to be after the holiday weekend as I'm loading up the games on my iPhone that I want to seriously play (9mm :D , Bastion, Final Fantasy 1, Metal Slug 1 & 3... etc) and I had to give this one the axe.

18. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Yeah, I don't really care about the money, it's more the principle. Don't sell me something that doesn't work and then tell me you fixed the problem when clearly you didn't. I'm sure the game sucks but I wanted to try something different. Gonna just delete it and take the loss. With all the "price drops" and denial of problems, it's a real bad show on the dev's part. I won't be supporting him in the future.

19. Well, since nightc1 finally decided to support me on my quest for developers to stop posting coin or ipad promotions on here like Gamevil threads that keep getting deleted, I too will support his cause.

Developers obviously are starting to use price dropping and raising as a tactic only for advertising on boards like this, and while it is legit, it is somewhat unethical and can backfire if it is done too much.

Don't see a need for it yet, but if it does get worse, yeah, I could see a rule for a game to be only allowed to be posted once a month by a developer or warnings.

Anyway, don't need to do anythinh now, but can see how a lot of people get bothered with it just like I was bothered by Gamevil's lame ploy to get free advertising here.

I know that no one likes to admit using this forum, but the forum that almost all of the users go to first. Please developers, try to respect everyone's wishes to keep this ad focused free. Thanks

20. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Took me a bit to see through the smoke and realize that I needed to move the line of what I thought was acceptable and not. I still like many of the older Gamevil games and some of the newer ones but yeah this is the wrong place to advertise free coin deals and stuff.

The type of constant price moving, is not acceptable as a deal since it's the normal price (or the price it's been most of the time). Posting contests and free trial games as deals (not this dev, but others), is same thing. I've been reporting stuff today, much without even posting in the threads. I haven't reported this one though because I'm hoping to help the dev (or marketing person) see how he's making his company/game look to a regular gamer like me.

I think the dev is from Russia though or a nearby country. But I hope he understands that really I'm actually trying to help rather than just calling names and being a jerk.