Geometry War coming

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by adot777, Oct 2, 2009.

1. adot777

adot777 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    #1 adot777, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
    i have spent more than one month develop the game which popular on XBOX360(Geometry War).

So i have some question about the game ?

1. Can i use the name "Geometry War"for the application on appstore?
    2. Should i need to complete all the levels before release the game? so far, i have
    complete about 15 levels now.
    3. Should i release sale version first, or free version?

and do you like the game ? two month ago, i give up my job, and full-time develop iPhone game --- "Hook Me-The Creatures Of The Deep" , i have release the sale version after i finished all the 49 levels. but it's sale badly, and
    2 month's work get nothing incomeļ¼

so this time for the game , Should i need to complete the all the levels(30 in all), then release it, or now?

Which game theme do you like? background with image? or background with black color?

Any advise for the game ICON ?

many thanks!

Attached Files:

• changeScene.PNG
      changeScene.PNG
      File size:
      99.9 KB
      Views:
    • main.PNG
      main.PNG
      File size:
      262.3 KB
      Views:
    • 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      243.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      234.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      253.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.PNG
      4.PNG
      File size:
      227.8 KB
      Views:
    • 5.PNG
      5.PNG
      File size:
      250.2 KB
      Views:
  2. sic

sic Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Philippines
    #2 sic, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
    are you the Geometry Wars creator?? if so...

release it as a full game. we would rather wait for the complete game than wait for updates.

there is nothing wrong with you naming the game geometry wars because it is your game after all.

i like the one with the backgound.

I havent tried geometry wars but guarantee you I'd buy it for the idevices.

nice icon

Goodluck!

3. adot777

Aug 19, 2009
    thanks! there is a game on XBOX360 Geometry war, so i use the name, weather i infring they copyright?

4. sic

sic Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Philippines
    oh i see, so you're not involved in the 360 version in any way?

then dont name it "geometry wars"

5. xFinch713x

xFinch713x Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    i dont think you can name it geometry wars (without wanting someone to jump on you for it) because you are not the original creator (at least i dont think so..).
    You should release the two versions (full and free) at the same time, allowing people to try it out before they buy it :) Happy customers means more refferals :)
    More levels the better! Haha

6. Yes, it would be copyright infringement. Don't use that name.

7. adot777

Aug 19, 2009
    and what about "iGeometry war"? does it infring their copy right?

8. sic

sic Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Philippines
    no, because...

one: people will expect too much for it, they will think that it is indeed made by the same creators of Geometry wars for the 360!

Two: it's still has Geometry wars in it. :)

9. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Euclidian Skirmishes.

10. arkanigon

arkanigon Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Use a completely different name. Using a name like iGeometry War, gives the impression you're trying to make money off the Geometry Wars name... and that could lead to copyright problems...

The game looks very nice.

11. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    its okay to make it sound similar but not too much.

Look at mikes game, Geo fighter light wars, another geometry wars clone which I found well done.

12. adot777

Aug 19, 2009
    thanks....

13. adot777

Aug 19, 2009
    yeah, i have played the Geo fighter light wars, it's a cool game, but why it's sale badly?

14. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    If you are the owner and creator of the original Geometry Wars and have rights to the name, sure you can use Geometry Wars. If you are not you will have to use a different name.

15. adot777

Aug 19, 2009
    and what do your think about the game ? advise welcome..:)

16. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    @adot - there are a lot of good discussions on why things sell well or not in the developer section of the forums here.

A lot probably just has to do with Apples decision to put an app on New and Noteworthy. There are myriad other factors, like lots of other games that are similar, brand familiarity, ability to advertise, promote,etc. The people here on TA would like to think that we influence these things - but in reality - who knows? Games that do well here on TA - do they do well because TA supports them? Or do they do well - because they are well made games, and TA members just recognize that - in that case we are just jumping on the bus...

Anyways, screen shots look cool for your app. Hope you do well, but check out the dev forum and go back a number of pages if you need to - after all what is searching back a few months? You will find success stories, and you will find many stories similar to your own.

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    My $0.02

DO NOT use the name Geometry Wars! In the description you should feel free to mention it as an inspiration but to actually use the name or even iGeometry Wars all folk will focus on is that IT IS NOT BY THE DEVELOPERS OF GEOMETRY WARS = MUST BE A SCAM!

You could do something wacky like "Vector Battles".

Regarding the icons, I like the idea of the spaceship silhouette but my one complaint is that the ship you show silhouetted is not very close to looking like the ship in the game.

I myself would prefer a level-less Survival Mode where new tougher enemies and obstacles are introduced over time. Perhaps you can do both Level and Survival with future updates adding more levels and bad guys/power-ups for the Survival Mode.

18. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Name it Calculus Wars :p

19. futuresplash

futuresplash New Member

Jun 15, 2009
    The game looks much better with the backgrounds.

Notice that there are already many Geometry Wars clones on the App Store. So it will not be easy to sell one more clone.
    Perhaps you should add some unique gameplay elements to make this game more original and stand out from the rest...

Good luck!

20. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    I would not name the game Gemoetry war...(yes guys war not wars he said so in the first post) its too close to the name of geometry wars and you dont want to deal with legal issues...use something like Geo Battle , igeostorm or something i dunno just do research so the name isnt copyrighted...

The game looks very sweet I hope it does better then your last games, Good way to get em popular is get promo codes give em out to people on this fourm who will review the game for you usualy people look for top reviews on games it helps...