Games like Hearthstone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sweetdiss, May 5, 2014.

1. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Hey ya'll.

I've never really been into card battling games at all, so it was with great surprise that I've found myself hopelessly addicted to Hearthstone.

What are some other accessible, highly regarded card battling games on ios? (I also enjoyed Calculords, though that was more of a lane-based game.)

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I dont really play most other card battle games (especially the indie ones since most are freemium with tons of unfavorable IAP), but i do enjoy the ones i did acquire:

Magic 2013/14/ and now the upcoming 2015
    Shadow Era
    Summoner Wars (also involves a tactics-type of strategy)
    BattleCON - This is more of a 1v1 fighting game in card form, and it's pretty awesome. Unforch not a lot were playing, so i ended up scrapping it. You can definitely give it a try though, and play the single player modes. It's free, and you can buy other characters through IAP.

You can also try out Ascension, but it's more a deck building game than a card battle type of game.

3. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Don't forget Yomi. It's similar in approach to BattleCON, but it is $9.99 for the base game. But the upside is that there are always people playing it. Plus it's more fun than BattleCON imo.

Check out my review of it for slidetoplay.com here:

http://www.slidetoplay.com/review/yomi-review/

4. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Hearthstone plays very much like a not as good Magic the Gathering rip-off to me, so Magic 2013/2014 is probably your best bet.

They're both free downloads with a full game unlock IAP so you can try them safely.

5. Skypoint

Skypoint Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Might & Magic: Duel of Champions is another option. Being cross-platform as well (ios and PC) it had a large and active community around the time I stopped playing 2 months back.