Tilt to Live and Bird Strike uses the same music.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Scaramoosh, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Scaramoosh

Scaramoosh Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Were they made by the same people?

2. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    No, they weren't. Tilt to Live was developed by OneManLeft, while Bird Strike was developed by PikPok.

3. Scaramoosh

Feb 25, 2010
    Yeh but someone coulda left and started another team or something. Just weird how they use the same music, it doesn't even suit Tilt to Live, I just end up turning the sound off lol.

4. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Seriously? I love the music in TTL, and I think it suits it well.

5. bobz56

bobz56 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    on the contrary, i feel it doesn't fit bird strike that well!

6. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    It fits both games nicely. And who cares if they use the same music? It may have been a coincidence.

7. Scaramoosh

Feb 25, 2010
    I dunno Tilt to Live should have more Geometry wars type of sound design like some trance or something to match the art style. Bird Strike matches the music because it reminds me of a more earthy sound, like being in some European town or something.

Ain't there some law against using music like this or are they packaged for free into some program somewhere?

8. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Most small devs can't afford original music, so they buy it off the shelf. Hit'n Run uses the same music as Zombies vs Aliens, Ezone's games even use some Garageband loops I think... As long as it works. But it won't always be possible to find something that closely matches the atmosphere of the game.

9. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Count me as yet another person that feels the music suits Tilt to Live perfectly. It really does, in my opinion :)

10. UncleLimey

UncleLimey Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    I agree that the music in Tilt to Live really fits well... I

11. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    maybe because you've come to associate the music with the game after hearing them paired together? But I agree as well :)

12. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    For a second I thought that Tilt to Live had some pretty cool original music. Then, like everyone else here, I picked up Bird Strike for free and was let down, realizing that it was just some pre-made crap from a music library.

13. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    CEO E-Commerce
    NY
    I noticed that last night as well -- it's a good track, but after a while, I found I scored higher in Tilt2Live without the music making me feel all rushy. lol

14. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    #14 Donovan1209, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
    Tilt To Live's music is awesome... the music suits it well! Bird Strike, which I just got for free, should use some different music because I don't really like it all that well and I'm sure a lot of other people don't either!

Edit: Is the track in iTunes, I might buy it!

Edit: Kalimba by Mr. Scruff is a song from Rolando (1 or 2) and I like listening to it while playing Tilt To Live

15. fangfangli

fangfangli Active Member

I feel it doesn't fit bird strike that well! :eek:

16. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Wow - two pages of discussion on this! Some quick comments to clear this up.

We first released Bird Strike on January 7th, whereas Tilt to Live came out on February 24th, so technically they used our music :D

As picked up earlier in the conversation, the music is a royalty / license free track that anyone can use, as long as they pay a one off fee. I am assume Tilt to Live got it from the same site we did.

It's funny to hear people say that the music doesn't suit Bird Strike, as we only use a 22 second loop of it for the menus. There is no in game music.

Royalty free music is a great way to find affordable music for simple parts of the game like menus, where its really not cost effective to commission a custom track. However, for future titles where we want in game music, we would look to have music written especially for it by our amazingly kick ass sound designer, Module - check out some of his work here

Oh - we also used it in some of the game trailers, which I think works well...

17. Cifuang

Cifuang Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    I like the music transition in the trailer ;)

18. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    It doesn't fit the menu screen well? :rolleyes:

19. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    Pig rush also uses the same music I think.

20. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Never heard of that game.