GameClub Mikey Shorts (by BeaverTap Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 22, 2012.

1. qpawn

qpawn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    California, USA
    The update should be appearing in various App Stores soon. Let us know if it works! :)

Thanks for the support. We're adding a line of text inside Edit Controls in the next update that says "Slider adjusts visibility" so players know what it does! :D

2. Yeah, you know us game playing folk, we not so smart like developers, so that will help. Also, since I have had a lot of input on that slider, I'm going to name it Connector's slider, well, at least on my ipad, haha.

Will let you know, still no update, but who knows when it will come.

3. Ok, it is 3:26 pm, got the update, and my previously crashing program is now working fine. Tried many different scenarios with gamecenter, works fine on new ipad ios 6.0 and iphone 4 ios 5.1.1

So thanks, I had direct input with 3 developers on updates today, Mikey Shorts, Spirit HD, and Major Mayhem. Feels good when you have so much input on games, that's what's so cool about Toucharcade.

Thanks for getting the issues fixed so fast. Cool!

4. qpawn

qpawn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    California, USA
    Awesome! TouchArcade is definitely a great place for devs and players to interact. :)

5. And help the homeless ;)

6. qpawn

qpawn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    California, USA
    Mikey Shorts Halloween

We started a [thread=159788]thread[/thread] for our upcoming FREE game Mikey Shorts Halloween. It features four Story Mode-type levels with a Halloween theme. :)

Since we used up the maximum allowed Game Center leaderboards in Mikey Shorts, we decided to make a separate app! :D

More images in the thread: [thread=159788]CLICK HERE[/thread]

[thread=159788][​IMG][/thread]

7. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    YAY WORLD NO.1. On story 1-1 & 1-2 ........
    on lite version shush :)

8. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    So what's the ETA on iCloud? Would love to start playing this on my iPhone 5 but I made a ton of progress already on my iPad...

9. qpawn

qpawn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    California, USA
    We'll have a better idea of where iCloud stands once we release Mikey Shorts Halloween. It's something we'd like to do, but it can get complicated to implement properly.

What games best support iCloud in a way that might work well in Mikey Shorts?

10. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    This game is good, it controls well as a platformer, but i'll be damned if I don't wish there were more of a challenge besides speed running.

Enemies would be nice for whatever the next title is for this dev :)

11. qpawn

qpawn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    California, USA
    We're definitely discussing adding more traditional platformer elements in a future game, but speed running will still be our main focus. :)

What are some of your favorite elements and obstacles in a platformer?

12. I like girls...

13. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Wimp does an outstanding job... It automatically guesses which save file is the most recent without you having to tell it and it updates to that instantly in the background. I've never had it not work or get it wrong.

(I never understood games like Asphalt and Gun Bros that have to ask "Which of these save files is correct? Online or local?" OBVIOUSLY IT'S THE ONE THAT HAS THE MOST XP/COINS/PROGRESS AND WAS PLAYED LAST! /rant)

I've had a little trouble with Bean's Quest and Slingshot Racing updating the icloud save correctly but for the most part they seem to work now. In short, Wimp is the best example I can think of (especially as a fellow platformer) and I can't wait for Mikey Shorts to implement it as well.

Also, the Halloween version looks awesome!

14. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    It has been a while since I played it, but Crazy Hedgy has always worked perfectly for me as well. Was the first game I played where iCloud "just worked". I can imagine it is kind of trickier to implement it later on, since there probably are quite a few people who have save files on multiple devices. Some also may not want them synced.

I really look forward to iCloud support! This is the kind of game that really benefits from it in my opinion, since it is so perfect for short pick-up-and-play sessions on whichever device you happen to have with you.

15. Shaun glitch

Shaun glitch Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Spark
    Uk yeah baby yeah
    Halloween version is in uk App Store down loading now :)

16. shawnbuddy

shawnbuddy Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2012
    The Halloween version convinced me to buy the full game. One of my new favorites. I've been playing it pretty steady since I bought it and finally three starred all the story and challenge levels. Whatever your next project is, I'm down.

17. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    We're glad that you discovered Mikey Shorts, and are enjoying it! Thanks for the support.

18. Pfadfinder

Pfadfinder Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Lichtenstein
    Enemies following your position like in loderunner c64

pitfalls with needles like in sonic

19. BeaverTap Games

BeaverTap Games Developer

Apr 5, 2012
    iOS Game Developer
    United States
    Mikey Shorts UPDATED - Indie Disguises!

Mikey Shorts (1.4) features 15 new disguises from some of our favorite indie games for iOS! :)

[​IMG]

Thanks for supporting Mikey Shorts and other indie games! Your ratings and reviews really help! :D