[10 promo codes] a barren wasteland - text rpg

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by firestream, May 2, 2014.

1. firestream

firestream Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Developer
    Hey all! The latest version of my text rpg game 'a barren wasteland' for iOS was approved last night. It is meant to be simple in design, and challenging to complete. Here are 10 codes (via codehookup), so if you have iOS 7 give it a try!

Would love to get some feedback or reviews if possible.

Codes:
    http://codehookup.com/2d079f9e

[​IMG]

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    as TBBT's Sheldon Cooper said: "this game is running on the most powerful graphic chip - your imagination" ;)
    I didn't grab a code, but brings a lot of memories to my zx spectrum gaming days, thank you for that ;)

3. firestream

firestream Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Developer
    Thanks! That's exactly what I'm going for. Simple, no graphics, no music. Your imagination will do all of that for you. The story can fork and is meant to be hard to complete, and in time it will have many different archs and endings. I'm really just getting started.

:)

4. firestream

firestream Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Developer
    There are 3 left still!

5. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I redeemed a code. Thank you.

Funny thing. I learned that if you don't pay attention to the first clue, you just keep going nowhere! LOL

So, I started over, followed the first clue to go east and wa-lah.... The game starts.

Obviously I didn't spend very much time with the game yet, but, so far it has an interesting story line.
    The game is definitely good for taking my mind off of things for a moment or three.

The screen is comfortable. I run into too many text type games that are just words rambling and rolling on the screen. It's uncomfortable & hurts my eyes after a bit. I look forward to finishing the story.

6. firestream

firestream Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Developer
    Thanks for the reply! I attempted to keep the story blocks short and easy to read. There are a couple places where there's more detail and you end up having to scroll. As the story continues to expand and new branches are added, I'll continue to keep it brief and readable. Main goal was simplicity, with a touch of challenge.

I've had a number of players send me maps they made of the world, which I have found to be quite entertaining :)