Replacement for Asphalt 8

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Oceraux, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Oceraux

Oceraux Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    I'm sick of Asphalt 8's grinding so..

Any replacement? I've played RR2 and Asphalt 7 and they were both great.

2. tzuptzop

tzuptzop Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    try real reacing 3, best racing game in the store, just my opinion
    a8 i deleted in the day i bought it

3. Try NFS Most Wanted and Colin McRae.

4. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I think you'll have fun playing - The Last Driver. Give it a shot!

5. Oceraux

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    I've tried them both but they aren't awesome as hell
    RR3 sucks no matter what everyone says until EA adds a new premium RR3. Sorry for being against your opinion.
    I've tried that one, had fun until I got bored.

6. tzuptzop

tzuptzop Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    i unlocked +50cars on rr3 with no iap, now i only play from time to time. its nice to beat your friends time and compete with them, also the cars controlls are close to real ones

7. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    2K Drive

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    +1 to these.

Also, these arent the same types of rides, but you might want to try Repulze and Riptide GP 2, both of which i highly recommend. I also recommend this action-runner type racing game Redline Rush. :)

9. Oceraux

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    I have those games already except Clin McRae or whatever you spell it..

10. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

There is no grinding in A8. Just failing or winning. If you got stuck somewhere try another route or another car. I unlocked Season 8 of 8 without any grinding.

There is no replacement for A8. But try Table Top Racing since it's free right now (for a limited time). By the same dev who was involved in the making of wipEout:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/table-top-racing/id575160362?mt=8

11. Tabletop racing and repulze are great games, though not reg car racing games.

12. Habakuk

#12 Habakuk, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    Yes. I forgot to mention that Table Top Racing is pretty fantasy/comic. But the sheer racing experience is great although physics, driving techniques and upgrade mechanics are completely different to A8 (but that doesn't mean that they are bad).

And the cars in Table Top Racing are not licensed obviously but resemble heavily VW Bulli and Beetle (Käfer), Jeep MB Willys, Range Rover, Dodge, BMW, Datsun, Ford GM and Bugatti EB 110.

Worth mentioning are the combat racers Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (even more fantasy/comic), too, and maybe Cro-Mag Rally. All of them with local multiplayer of course. ;)

13. Oceraux

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    I'm really interested in doing how you did in A8, I grinded for the GTR..

If you can, please write something like this:
    1. win races
    2. buy this
    3. win races
    4. buy this

If I see one step is about grinding then I happily quit A8 :)

And also I've tried TTR months ago and it was fun for awhile and then also deleted.

14. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Well these are pretty much all of the big hitters so if nothing tickles your fancy then you may be out of luck.

15. Oceraux

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    If 2K Drive and A8 were really good then my life is complete.

[luck 0/100]

16. Habakuk

Come on. It's not that difficult. If you made it through A7 as you mentioned it in OP then you should have no probs with A8. But I know it's one of the most common questions about A8 and if I knew that before I would have made notes. Don't buy too many cars at the beginning. Here are some advices by user Bullwinkle:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2947779&postcount=887

17. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    #17 dancj, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    If you don't mind a top-down view then Death Rally is fantastic. I'd try NFS:MW again. IMO that's still the best racer in the App Store.

18. Oceraux

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    Should I follow his car techinqiue so I will unlock races and win more money?

19. Habakuk

#19 Habakuk, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    Yes. Unlock Seasons and those races first where you don't need a specific car. Collect stars at the first place. In general I did it like this. Upgrade cars only ONCE at first (because it's cheap). Look in the lists of races what you need to race next for many stars. I always picked first out the gate drifting races because it's one of my favorite race types. But it depends on your personal preferences as well.

And there exist several other valid strategies. Altogether you can't do anything wrong when you concentrate on collecting stars, unlock Seasons and races and don't buy too many cars at the beginning. Save the money for cars until you absolutely NEED them (because they are mandatory for a certain group of races).

(Talking about Asphalt 8: Airborne.)

20. Oceraux

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    Fnal say, should I follow Bullwinkle's purchases directly or follow you, that I will not buy many cars?