Star Command (Game Dev Story meets Star Trek)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by crex, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    tl;dr version: Developing a game is hard.

2. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I hope the developers aren't reading all this. All the negative opinions would really hurt their drive to finish their dream game.

3. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    People are entitled to say if they think the development has taken so long you know.

I think now its January we just want to hear when the final confirmed release date is....and doesn't slip anymore.

4. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    My experience with successful entrepreneurs is that skepticism from others is more likely to increase their drive to prove what they can do.

5. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Alright that's good. I don't mind waiting for the game at all. It hasn't killed my interest one bit

6. Final Boss

Final Boss Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Wow~cool!

Oh~my...this is cool!:eek:
    Can't wait for any longer!

7. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #827 Darth Ronfar, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    The thing is that Game Dev story had almost unlimited replayabilty because the making of games and seeing how the games worked and all that etcc then making the company bigger. Itwas a simple process.

For this game I don't see that as a possibility this the "17 missions only thing" I guess hopefully that's just the demo version or if not that than atleast have each time you play the game be different. If its 17 missions and its the same thing every time that will be a dissapointment knowing the game could be more if it was being devoloped by a bigger company. on the other hands small devs care less about money and more about making the game they want to... IMo They should have stayed quite about it and not keep teasing it etc...

I think their biggest problem came when they were deciding between tbs and rts and how similar should it be to x:com or should it be something different. I think now its a case a too many ideas not enough time or people or money whatever. They've already devoted this much time to it. I hope the game is what they want it to be and not something rushed. That's just how ist seems from reading the thread.

I hope they have success with the release and I'd be happy to get what they have now and wait later for more missions or more game, what they've shown so far looks great. I guess it's a tough position to be in.

I wish them luck..

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    It is coming out this month they are finishing up the tutorial. They have a few pics up on Facebook

9. negitoro

negitoro Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    If a developer loses drive to finish their game because of people's negative opinions, they are probably in the wrong field.

Doubly so, if you've chosen to crowd source your game's development budget.

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You're entitled to say you sleep with horses, but you won't receive any blessing from me.

11. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    They said on Facebook that the bugs are down to one page

12. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

"The good news is that developer War Balloon Games has decided to launch exploration simulation Star Command worldwide rather than limit it to a few test territories.

The bad news is that Star Command probably won't be released this month like promised."

"The Colorado-based dev is aware that it has "missed too many dates to not get this one right", and has promised that it will definitely hit the next release date that it announces."

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Star+Command/news.asp?c=47829

13. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Hmm, I'm really looking forward to this but I cannot deny I am worried for them. It's a good job they are an independent and not answering to anyone because continually missing every single date they have ever set themselves does not exactly bode well.

Fingers crossed it is more a case of them being "over protective parents" of their new baby that is leading to this new delay rather than "oh shit it just plain doesn't work".

If they aren't careful someone is going to look at their fantastic idea and beat them to market with it (a port of FTL is not beyond the realm of possibility I would think).

ho hum, we wait in hope :rolleyes:

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I still got high hopes for this one...

15. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    A4 or A1? ;)

16. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    They never said. Someone posted a similar comment on FB as well

17. lepeos

lepeos Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    The developers are really going to great lengths to shrug off the Faster Than Light comparison.

18. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I hope FTL comes to iOS soon :)

19. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Ok update and maybe a good one at that

I was on Facebook reading the comments because they opened up shop on t shirts but someone asked its my birthday on the 30th can I get the game before then? Well they replied back with you won't but apple will.

So does this mean between next week and the 30th the game will get released?

20. Sotoro

Sotoro Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    They will send it to apple for review before the 30th. But it means that there will be no release this month, but early feb :)