iPhone syncing on a different pc

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by iSwiss, Jul 19, 2009.

1. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Hey there, hope i am wright with the thread in here, and you can help me

Ok, my pc crashed down two days ago. So i lost the media library from iTunes. My apps were still on my iPhone.

Today i want to install iTunes on my laptop and syn my iphone there. I have to confirm whether i want to load all the programms in the media library from this laptop, otherwhise all my apps on my iPhone were deleted. But if i don't do this, all my apps were deleted and also my game progress.

Do i have antoher option?

P.S. I know its the wrong thread, but in "Lounge" i didn't receive an answer yet:s

2. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    #2 dominator246, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
    Damn I asked myself this question last week with the fear of losing all my data on my ipod, what would be the backup plan?
    Unfortunately, you'll be losing most of your music files if you use limewire, sorry to say (unless you use itunes to purchase your music, in which case, keep reading). If you put them all your limewire or whatever you use onto a flash drive and then onto your new computer it won't be a big deal so just remember that :) As far as your apps are concerned, you'll keep them all. When you reconnect your iphone/itouch and itunes is up and running, press "file" and the "transfer purchases from ipod". That will sync all of your apps and their progress onto your computer.

And on a side note, if you confirm what it's asking you to do and you end up losing all your apps because of it, don't worry. Level progress will be lost. Sorry to say it but there's no other way. Write down on a piece of paper all your apps on your iphone/itunes library and keep it. You can go to itunes and re-download them all for free because you already purchased them once, so your fine there.

Let me know if you have anymore problems and if this helps :)

3. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Hmm. I have followed your activity(app), music isn't imporant.

But it only copy my music onto the new pc?

4. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Simple solution. Use Music Rescue, you can download the trial, just search it up on Google.It transfers your music/movies on your iPod onto your PC. For your apps, when you log onto your iTunes account, go to 'Store' and select 'Authorize Computer' that will allow you to install your iPod touch/iPhone apps onto the computer. That should work.

5. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Wonder why Apple has to be such a pain about this, not like it's a seldom issue or anything. It happens all the time and people are constantly scrambling for answers to it. Apple should do something

6. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    @ Masmo

No it doesn't only copy music