The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Jan 6, 2014.

1. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Decided to go ahead and pre-order Black Ops 3. :D

2. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Nice, however I really don't like to preorder anymore, not because TB told me to do so or because The Order 1886, but rather to have a more complete and clear perspective of the game BEFORE throwing my money to the dev, I'll still buy within the first week the game, however I just want to know what I am getting into, like with The Order or Destiny, I just don't want the hype's inertia to make me buy a game that I won't like or that just doesn't archives it's goals, but that's just me.
    Probably the only downside of not preordering is that if you still love to have a physical copy and the game is hyped as F' it's really likely that you won't be able to find it for a couple of days or even weeks, but again, PSN, XBL and Steam are always there.

3. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    I'm tempted to buy either the Vanishing of Ethan Carter or Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. They look and sound a little similar. Any thoughts on these games?

4. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    They'll be love or hate, you walk (in the case of Rapture you can't run) around listening to past conversations. Of the little I've played of both, Ethan Carter seems to have a bit more to it but they are pretty similar. There is no real game there and both lack the magic of Journey, I personally would pass unless that sounds like your thing. They're often referred to as walking simulators, but simulator gives the impression of interactivity which there isn't a lot of.

5. squirpe

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    Thanks - I'll probably give them a miss then unless they go on sale.

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Playing through Dishonored on my PS3 - I am officially excited for Dishonored 2, so much so that I am actually thinking about getting the reworked Dishonored for the PS4 with the updated graphics...

Anyone looking at the PS4 version of Dishonored? and 2?

7. TheOutlander

Apr 15, 2014
    Just for Dishonored 2, I refuse to buy another remaster, also, I think that spent enought time on the original so no remaster for me

8. september

Sep 14, 2012
    It has crossed my mind, the upgrade is $45 here compared to $20 USD though so probably not. If SCEE want to try and scalp an extra third they lose a sale, I'll put the money toward something new at that price.

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I think the remaster is $39.95 so not too much difference from your $45. I am mostly tempted just to never having played it and am relatvely early on in the game, so its almost brand new for me. I wish a good, fresh, new version of Ratchet and Clank would come out. I loved those games. The last few just never captured the charm of the first ones.

10. september

Sep 14, 2012
    #470 september, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    The Full game should be $40 USD, the upgrade (if you already own Dishonored digitally on PS3) should be $20. Did you buy Dishonored retail for the PS3? It was free not long ago on PS+ but I had already bought it before that, apparently the PS+ version counts towards the upgrade. You should be entitled to it.

The full version here is $90 without an upgrade option, $45 with, so there is quite a big difference even with our rubbish conversion at the moment.

11. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Bought Assassins Creed Unity on sale and finding it a lot better than the Internet fuss would have had me believe. Maybe because it's been patched, I don't know, whatever the reason for the initial negativity I can honestly say I at least am enjoying it more so than Black Flag. Reminds me a lot of how I felt playing AC2, and artistically (perhaps not technically) one of the better looking games I've played.

12. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Having only played the first Uncharted game (and that some years back) I'm looking forward to the Uncharted trilogy on PS4.

Finished Arkham Knight. I enjoyed it but I hope they do something to shake things up next time, it's getting a little too familiar for my liking.

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Interesting - I had a difficult time getting into Unity. I found the controls not working so good for me. I enjoyed Black Flag immensely and almost 100% the entire game - extremely rare for me to even finish a game. But AC2 was another game that I enjoyed immensely and I thought that BF played much more like AC2 than AC3 and Unity... Maybe there are some patches for the game that will make the controls work better, but my first / only time playing a number of months ago had me wishing the controls were more like AC2.

14. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Amazon has $30 Dragon Ball Xenoverse in the U.S. Haven't played a dragon ball game since budokai 2. Really tempted to get it but gotta fit some time in for it. dang backlog.

Wonder if its been lower than that?

15. TheOutlander

Apr 15, 2014
    Apparently Metal Gear Solid V took the title from The Witcher 3 of Game Of The Year, however I buying it post day one used, I really don't want to give my money to Konami in any shape or form (I highly doubt that Kojima and his team will receive most or at least a decent part of it), I just hope that Kojima gets his recognition as the f' awesome genius he is.

16. september

Sep 14, 2012
    The review are looking good, I agree about konami but will be buying day one for that reason. If profitable it shows the "mobile is where it's at" contingent they are wrong.

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I've been eyeing the Mega Man Legacy Collection, but haven't pulled the trigger. I'm scared. But I hear that those games aren't as hard as MM9 and MM10, which are the only ones I've played, or tried to play. Actually MM10 I've beaten, but only in its easy mode.

18. squirpe

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    I agree - I think it's a great game !

19. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Bought Toukiden: Kiwami a few days ago, really enjoying it!

20. september

Sep 14, 2012
    #480 september, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    Ground Zeroes got an update tonight to upload your game save for Phantom Pain, I have no idea what the practical effects are but we shall see in about 12 hours.

Also have a question about the Mad Max main voice actor, does anyone know his nationality? He has that flat tone of a Kiwi putting on an Aussie accent rather than a genuine Australian. Just curious as I can't seem to find jack and the voice acting seems really bad from what I've heard due to the put on, but it could be just general bad acting rather than a bad accent.

Never mind, gave it a last Google and it's Bren Foster, born in London, billed as an Australian actor with American and Australian citizenship. Having been on shows such as Days of our Lives and Home and Away.