Any graphic designers want to team up?

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by dangerz, Jul 24, 2009.

1. dangerz

dangerz Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    I've released 3 iPhone games so far.. everytime I release one, someone releases the same thing with better graphics.

Traffic Lights -> all the other traffic light games.
    vipValet -> the other valet parking games
    SpeedR -> now there's Racer.. who knows what's next

So I'm thinking I need to step up my game for my next concept. I need a graphic person.

If you want to team up with me, please link me to your portfolio and let's talk. I'll be gone this weekend visiting family, but I'll be back Tuesday.

Roy

2. P3Z

P3Z Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Slough, England
    Hey Dangerz.

I was just asking yesterday, or wondering, whether there would be any developers who would team up with a Designer.

I used to design maps and such for the likes of UT and CS:S, so have some good understanding.

Not the best in the world, otherwise would be working for a Developer ;)

Drop me a line, and lets have a chat in MSN when you're back next week?

Matt

3. chrisrushing

chrisrushing Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Chattanooga, TN
    #3 chrisrushing, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
    I'm a designer, interface designer (day job), illustrator, etc... its all i do... check out my work below in my signature. Specifically... thedara.com

I've been designing for 10 years and have a BFA in graphic design.

4. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    Just thought I'd quickly say I really like your work. Especially the brands. Do you use illustrator?

5. chrisrushing

chrisrushing Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Chattanooga, TN
    yes i do, pretty much daily.

6. mjonesgraphics

mjonesgraphics Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Artist/Designer
    Washington DC area
    #6 mjonesgraphics, Jul 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
    I'm always on the lookout for possible team-ups, being an artist/designer myself.
    Lots of experience, the website's a bit heavy on PC/console art but take a peek if you're interested.

http://www.mjonesgraphics.com

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Not sure if I'm the right designer for you, dangerz -- I would definitely contact chrisrushing's if I were you -- but your post is one that many a developer should take to heart. Great graphic design can be the difference between a game that disappears in the din and one that rises above it. Style matter when it come to a player's experience; a good designer can help a developer make the most out of a game. (There is so much bad typography in the App Store is not even funny).

If you're curious about my work, you can check it out here.

8. TouchChatterbox

TouchChatterbox Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    I would be interested as I probably lie more on the 'gameplay design' side of things ...

9. dhondon

dhondon Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Norway
  10. dangerz

dangerz Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Hey guys, sorry I haven't gotten back to anyone. I just flew in Monday night and I've been catching myself up at work here.

Tonight I'll sit down at my computer and go through all the PMs and messages. I also own/run Pwned.com with my best friend, so we actually have a lot of graphic stuff that we want to do. We have a couple Pwned iphone apps and I have some games/apps myself, so I could probably use more than one person.

Anyway, I'll get back to people throughout the week. Sorry for the late response.

Roy