Chaos rings

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by rgunaratnar1, Feb 8, 2011.

1. rgunaratnar1

rgunaratnar1 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Basically, when i complete each world i only get 2 stars, why?

2. Andiron

Andiron Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Because you haven't completed it.

3. rgunaratnar1

Jan 8, 2011
    But i have defeated the agent and do not know what else to do, if i play as eluca will that delete the saved game of escher

4. Press continue to continue the game. The game continues after defeating The Agent.

and no, the 4 teams use separate save files.

5. rgunaratnar1

Jan 8, 2011
    Thanks for the help so i just click on elucia at the main screen and play as her?

6. Andiron

Oct 14, 2010
    The game continues for each couple even after you think the game is "over" for them. If you want to experience everything in the game then you need to play the Escher and Eluca teams to (what appears to be at first) their "completion" and seeing the end credits. You should then see the option of playing the other two couples open up at which point you can play the additional couple's story lines to what appears to be their "completion".

At anytime you can continue playing each couple to a second "ending" but only after you have played through the first two "endings" for all four couples will you be able to continue any of them to the third "ending".

Its difficult to give any details without giving out spoilers but this game has several "endings". It makes sense within the context of the game which also helps to explain the similarities between playing the game through the "eyes" of each couple. But be also aware that each couple's game is NOT completely identical to each other. The settings are the same but there ARE differences. And there are reasons why the game makes you play through Escher and Eluca's team's first before being able to play the other two couples.

I think this is exactly what many people don't understand about Chaos Rings. Some mistakenly believe that its as simple as picking one of the two starting couples, playing until they hit "the end" and then the game's over. Its a MUCH bigger game than that...

7. Andiron

Oct 14, 2010
    Yep. The only thing that transfers over from one couple to another are the genes and (I think?) the amount of money. Money may not transfer over until after you get past the first ending but I can't remember...

But yes, its as simple as selecting to play that other couple - you lose nothing from the other couples and in fact, when you go back to playing a previous couple you'll find that you have more genese available to them (if you've unlocked any more with other couples).

8. Shyhorn

Shyhorn Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Actually i have this problem as well. I've defeated the final boss after completing the story of all 4 pairs of characters. The game concludes and I have got an achievement of 100% in the scenario tab.

However, each world remains only at 2 out of the 4 possible stars and the scenario menu also reveals that I haven't unlocked the individual endings of each pair (i.e. the final box after the qualia).

So question is, does anyone know what I'm supposed to do after beating Qualia?

9. Andiron

Oct 14, 2010
    Ok, slight spoiler alert following.

You can go back to each area where you defeated the mini bosses and you should find a crystal that if you tap on it you'll be told that it contains a great evil. Each of these crystals contain a boss between I think level 70s and 80s, maybe some in the 90s. You need to be a very high level to stand a good chance of defeating them. If you beat them on each separate level then you'll get that extra star.

10. jen12323

jen12323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Okay, I chose to play eluca first. Then after playing, seeing credits, I played as escher. I also finished and saw the end credits. I saw no option of playing as the other 2 couples. Did I mess up by playing in the wrong order? Thanks.

11. jen12323

jen12323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Oh, nevermind. I didn't play the real boss. I saw the scrollin credits but didn't know it wasn't the end... after opening what I thought was the final door adn beating the agent...there were more bosses after that