Universal Doug dug. (By The Electric Toy Company)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 6, 2014.

1. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Anyone play after updating today?

Just want to make sure the gameplay wasn't nerfed too much before updating.

2. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Gameplay for me has been crazy since tbe update, much more fun! The jackhammer is just as crazy as it sounds and they strengthened the helmet too, and it's minor but the extra depth indicators really help. All in all great update to an already fun game

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    The bonuses tempt you with more reckless digging... ;)

Also: updating mid-game did not this time have me fall to my death upon opening the app like the last one did. :D

Those multiple-thousand $ bonuses add up pretty fast IMHO.

4. blakedamon

blakedamon Member

Sep 7, 2014
    The latest update ruined the game for me just as much as the previous update improved the gameplay. I think this game should be in the high score total chaos category like it was previous to this latest update. The category it moved into now with reduced (almost non-existent) crates is the boring category. I would go so far as to say I would no longer recommend this game to friends. I wish the developer would consider changing it back.#

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    What exactly ruined the game in the new update?

6. blakedamon

blakedamon Member

Sep 7, 2014
    #106 blakedamon, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    The game slowed way down and my scores slowed down with it. The lack of crates is the cause. I don't think I would have argued that the crates could be reduced but I just played a game where I didn't see a jackhammer, immortal or helm until I'd built about $60K.
    If this is how the game was originally released I wouldn't have known the difference. I liked it better when you picked up items that extended your life more regularly. It causes you to take chances and attempt to descend at a faster rate. You still had to manage how to come out of a jackhammer descent without causing an avalanche that smushes you. Same goes for immortal and the helm.
    All of this said I think the change makes this too different of a game. Going from high score challenges with as much chaos as you like to merely trying to stay alive = less fun. Tweaking a game is one thing, but this completely changes the gameplay and I'm not exactly sure what was broken.

7. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Just here to show my appreciation to The Game.

One of The best mobile experiences ever.

8. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I'm here to show my appreciation for the love shown by the dev by continuously updating the game.

I love the last line of the update notes:

"Digging downward now kicks up more dirt. I don't know it just looks a little cooler." :p

9. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Just got 29k ! Loving this game, what's other people's high scores ?! And do the Devs visit this forum ??

10. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    64bit support baby!!!