'Different' TD Games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by diffusion8r, Aug 8, 2009.

1. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    What Tower Defense games have a unique concept that make them more fun to play than normal ones? Are there any upcoming ones, or do you have any ideas for them?

What I mean would be, for example, a TD game where you control the monsters, upgrading them and buying more for your army. You can buy certain ones with their own traits and maybe even upgrade their individual weakness to certain elements/weapons eg fire, plasma etc.

2. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    I don't think there are any of those on the iPhone, sorry. The best TD I know of in that vein is actually a Warcraft 3 mod.

3. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Elemental Monster TD.

4. Nico75

Nico75 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Dude get defender chronicles you can upgrade your defenders using skill points and buying items. Get it now that it's on sale!!

5. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

What he said ^^^

Its the best on it and mainly cos it changes the regular formula. There are tonnes of rpg elements to the game as well as the different view and towers.

6. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Use the thread in my sig.

Under "special and unique features" you can look for something that appeals to you.

7. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    own it, but i dont thinks its the best td, its okay compared to elemental

8. Aspargusman

Aspargusman Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    i like sentinel 2, as it has the boost tower to powerup its surrounding towers. it also has several emergency abilities like slowing down everything and stuff.

defender chronicles is cool as it has upgrades to your character, not just towers.

creeps in unique as they have crossovers with pocket god and doodle jump

9. iPhoneUser

iPhoneUser Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    I really hate the ones that aren't true TD games. A little hybrid is fine, e.g. Defender Chronicles, but the others are just not the same...

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Sounds like you're not a true TD player if you're put off by a little experimentation :rolleyes:

11. iPhoneUser

iPhoneUser Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    I wouldn't exactly say that. I've got 36 TD's on my iPhone so far and played most of them to completion. I just really don't enjoy the hybrid ones as much.