Vote : Plague or Plague inc. [Poll]

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jamiejme, May 6, 2012.

?

What should I name my high end strategic simulation iOS game?

1. Plague

20.0%
  2. Plague Inc

80.0%
  3. I don't like these two names.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jamiejme

jamiejme Member

Feb 12, 2012
    Game Development / naming question

What should I name my high end strategic simulation iOS game - Plague or Plague Inc ?

Context:

So - just over a year ago - I started working on an iOS game.

After a lot of hard work and picking up a great team along the way - the game is looking fantastic and will be submitted to Apple in the next 2 weeks.

There are 2 variants of the name and I would value the toucharcade forum opinion on them. Please let me know which you prefer as well as any comments on them / what they make you think of.
    Plague or Plague Inc

2. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Well, Plague, Inc. would sound good if there was a comedic edge to the game, a la Team Fortress. If you're going for a more serious premise, then just Plague.

3. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Plague Inc

4. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    I've added a poll, so you can vote above...

5. jamiejme

jamiejme Member

Feb 12, 2012
    Thanks for the input guys. Sorry for the delayed response. In the end, I went with Plague Inc. due to feedback.

The website is now up here if anyone wants to get a sneak peak : http://www.ndemiccreations.com/

6. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    #6 Ravenblack, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012
    Your game rather resembles Pandemic. (Pandemic 2.5 in the appstore)

Similar concept?

7. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Looks like a more detailed Pandemic game with minigames inside it from the screenshots.

EDIT: Read this article http://www.ndemiccreations.com/home/the-making-of-plague-inc/firsttimedeveloper-dosanddonts Called Dev do and don'ts and I found this.

8. jamiejme

jamiejme Member

Feb 12, 2012
    I was definitely inspired by Pandemic 2 but Plague Inc. is a very different game. You need to play it to experience it really.
    Some key differences:
    - Heavy narrative driven gameplay which player must respond to (e.g. it is possible to create a chain of events which ends with the USA accusing Russia of starting bioterrorism and nuking them)
    - Game mechanics designed from scratch to be deeper and more realistic - geopolitical responses (e.g. 'people' care more about wealthy people becoming infected), ability to target your disease to 8 different climates, unique and meaningful technologies
    - Various mechanics to encourage interaction and involvement throughout the game (rather than just leave game running in a different tab!) e.g. research team deployment, organic mutations

A key objective was that I made a game that was very different to Pandemic and evolved the gameplay into a deeper, more strategic experience. I feel confident that this has been achieved with beta testers reacting extremely positively so far. I can't wait to share it with everyone here!

9. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Thanks for the details, guys.

Jamie: Those scenarios you gave example of in your list of key differences would be interesting to play around with. :) All the best on your game.

10. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I really like the IOS Pandemic and hopefully this game will be even better. Will the be an iPad version? Please....

11. jamiejme

jamiejme Member

Feb 12, 2012
    The game is full retina graphics and looks great on iPad when running in compatibility mode. Definitely aiming to make the app universal in the near future as well though...

12. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

13. carlisimo

carlisimo Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Great! I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Comma separators in the numbers would help a lot, though!