Headphone selection

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Echoseven, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #41 Echoseven, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
    I managed to find a decent store and ended up getting the ATH-M50. Much better quality, imo and with some time they grew on me to the point where I would hardly look at the Aviator now. Guess I'm becoming a snob. :rolleyes:

And yet you lashed out at me for essentially saying the same thing.

Although, reading back, I did word it poorly. All I wanted to say was that beyond a certain point, the quality range of the headphones surpasses the quality range of the iPhone's output - and that's when quality becomes meaningless. (Also note, I don't use an amp. The coiled cable is enough of a bother already, though I do appreciate it when I plug it into my PC at home.)
    My fault, sorry.

2. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Good decision - I have the same set and love it.

3. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Nobody mentioned the iPhones output and I didn't because I meant to compare my setup of the lossless files + my cans and amp being better than an mp3 + skull candy setup, we both didn't word it properly.

The amp is definitely a pain the the *** to carry around cuz of the extra cords and size but it's worth it.

4. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #44 Cilo, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
    Only if you've been ripping dvd audio, any cd is still limited to its format of 16bit/44.1KHz. Main reason why audiophiles live or die with vinyl, or I'm sure you knew that already.

5. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Also how many audiophiles live or die by SACDs. Plenty of those who are vinyl through and through don't want to start an SACD collection, which is understandable. Although I've heard of plenty of vinylheads giving up their time for SACDs. I can see why people love either of them.

6. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    i need a good backup, in case something happens to them.

7. Waterbeds

Waterbeds New Member

Jun 26, 2012
    I actually got these Incipio F38 Headset as a gift recently and they are pretty good. I Idk about the durablity of them...yet. But they sound great and feel good. The downside is they are kinda big and a bit over the top in size

8. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    #48 P.T., Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
    I have a question:
    I had beats by dr. Dre. Two days ago I was listening to them while riding my bicycle and I got robbed. I was totally shocked and very sad because 200 euros is a lot for a 15 year old boy. I probaly get some of my money back from the insurance company though. Im going on holiday in 2 weeks time and I want new headphones for then. They have to isolate sound for example in the plane. It would be nice if they cost around 20-100 euros.
    Any suggestions would be really aprreciated. Im open to any type of brand.
    Thanks in advance.

9. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    How are the Philips Cityscape Uptown's? They appear to be great and are over-ear!!!

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I would recommend the ATH-M50. Not sure on the price, but ever since I bought them, I loved every moment listening to them.

They're not as flashy as Beats (and sound better, imho) so attract less attention, too.