Universal Asphalt 7: Heat - (by Gameloft)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Looks like freemium with a 99c entry fee. Simple. Wait, that can't be called "free"mium then, surely?

2. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    I will certainly have to see how it plays first..... But I had planned on paying 6.99 for the game anyway so maybe getting some IAP money from the jump won't be a bad idea. Maybe.

3. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I was having the same in my mind but as i can see from the iap packages i think 6bucks is not enough... The point that a 0.99 package is not exists or that the stars are quite expensive makes me little bit skeptical.

4. Torian

Torian Active Member

Jun 20, 2012
    I'd reckon the stars are for special types of car unlocks like prototypes and whatnot. The bucks you can just grind races for so no biggy there. Looks good otherwise :D

5. jsteve

jsteve Member

May 17, 2012
    this is great game but i want more tracks to unlock..:D

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    In Asphalt 6 there were IAP's, but if you grinded enough you could get everything unlocked. How does this one go? Can you get 100% completion/cars by grinding, or are you forced to buy IAP? I don't mind paying the buck for the game, but only if I don't need IAP's at all.

7. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    The most possible is that you can unlock everything by grinding but for some stuff you ll have to play 1.800 days to earn the cash and stars you need. Do you remember in Asphalt 6 if it was there a restore button to iaps? If you reinstall the game the iaps was there for you again?

8. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    Downloading...

9. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

When the IAPs are similar as in Asphalt 6: Good, full okay. Grinding is FUN here.
    When the IAPs are similar as in Fast Five the Movie (kind of an intermediate predecessor): Bad.

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Well it's extremely cheap which is great. Sort of.
    Very concerned about iap now.
    Will definitely buy it and throw a fiver of iap at it if necessary but any kind of time clock or energy meter will mean an instant delete.
    But, if it's the same system as 6, it's just amazing value for money.
    I just want to race that Lamborghini aventador and the delorean myself.

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #31 Rip73, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
    Sorry only noticed this now but what's the 1.8 days thing you mentioned there?
    And I do recall a restore purchases button in asphalt 6 but I'm not sure if it restores cash or items to be honest.
    I think, and I'm not positive about this, but if you restore from your computer, it puts back in the iap but I'm not sure if that works if you reinstall from your device. Never bought cash or stars in a game so not sure.

12. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    I have Asphalt 6, and I loved whatever little I have played. Thing is, I haven't played a lot of it. Is it better to unlock everything there first before getting this one. In fact, is there a reason to get this at all. No ways am I keeping two Asphalts on my iPad.

13. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Never made use of IAPs in A6. A6 was US$6.99 for both versions iPhone and iPad/HD (still for the Mac version) when it came out. A7 is Universal btw. Will there be a Mac version of A7?

Noticed another thing: Obviously they gave up the motorcycles.

14. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    I was just kidding with the days. I meant that you have to play again and again and again and again to earn cash by the game and not iaps... Maybe the progress will be so slow to push you in iaps... Anyway we will see... I wish it will follow the A6 model but in such low price i think not.

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Ah okay.
    I will say it seems you need a lot of stars to unlock cars looking at sanuku's video but damn there are some fine cars in it.

16. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    Yeah me too... That game wasn't need iaps to play... I just asking about restore because in this version i don't have problem to spent the amount of the regular price (5-6 bucks) on iaps but it will be pretty sad if you gonna lose this investment if you uninstall / reinstall the game for some reason.

17. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#37 Sanuku, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  18. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Haha don't take it so personally. :) I have nothing against a quality game with size, I've had MC3 nonstop on my iPod since release and my iPod btw, has 6.4GB so that tells a lot, I'm not afraid of the big file size, it's just that Ican't afford the size required. And by file size level = gameloft I meant that GL basically has no app that is considered "small". Heck even Shark Dash is 250mb. Gameloft just can't make their apps smaller even though someone else could...

19. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    Yes the stars seems to be much hard earning from what i have seen so far.

20. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    Exactly what was afraid of... Thanks for the reply and the vid!!! Now lets hope that the new NFS will have touch controls and not only tilts.