iPhone Quantic Pinball - A futuristic and addictive pinball game !

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Quantic Pinball, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quantic Pinball

Quantic Pinball Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Official release date announcement

[​IMG]

2. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much $?
    And how large is the game?

3. Quantic Pinball

Nov 21, 2013
    The game size is 92.1MB (we managed to make it fit the 100Mb 3G limit :)), and the cost is tier 3 (2.99$).

It is an universal build, so it works both on iPhone/iPad, and features a Retina data set when available.

4. Quantic Pinball

Nov 21, 2013
  5. Gamer1st

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
  6. Quantic Pinball

Nov 21, 2013
    #26 Quantic Pinball, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    Thank you ! Enjoy the game, and don't hesitate to come back to us if you have some suggestions of improvement !

And... Spread the word ! :)

7. Gamer1st

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    The game is fast, has great modeling, and plenty of tables that you progress through In order.
    Very colorful, and plenty of things that surprise you as you play.

8. Quantic Pinball

Nov 21, 2013
    Thank you very much for your feedbacks ! Don't forget to add a customer review on the AppStore, this will definitely help us :)

9. ashleywells2417

Dec 10, 2013
    Love this game and can't wait when it will release.

10. Gamer1st

Mar 19, 2013
    USA

Review left.

11. Quantic Pinball

Nov 21, 2013
    Thank you !

12. Quantic Pinball

Nov 21, 2013
    In the TOP !

In his final installment of annual roundups, Gaming Tribe's Bob Mandel brings you the top iPad games of 2013.

Top iPad Games of 2013

In 2012, to complement my long-running Top Indie PC Games of the Year awards article series, I inaugurated a parallel feature on Top iPad Games of the Year because the quantity and quality of iPad releases became comparable to that on the personal computer.

To perform my evaluation of the contenders, I downloaded and played hundreds of iPad games whose descriptions or trailers showed significant promise. For the best of these, I then obtained and evaluated full versions from the developers so that I could see exactly what customers would be purchasing.

This year it was more challenging than ever to pick the dozen winners, for the competition keeps intensifying. In selecting the winners, I reward games that benefit most from the special capabilities of the iPad (most natural with tilt, touch and swipe); games whose graphics are not significantly compromised by the compact screen real estate, whose controls are intuitive and customizable, whose sound effects and music enhance the gameplay, and whose gameplay is both fresh and fun. The maturation of the iPad platform is shown by the number of winners that are sequels, and a very small number of them were developed in the United States.

I need to make a special note about games with in-app purchase (IAP) options. I am decidedly not a fan of IAPs, and at first I was going to exclude any game relying too heavily on these for progress. But upon reflection I reconsidered, for as a reviewer I feel I should be focusing on gameplay, graphics, sound and controls, not how much a game costs initially or how tempted players would be to buy their way ahead rather than grind through the gameplay. So those who shun IAP games should be forewarned that a couple of the winners rely on this revenue model.

[...]

Quantic Pinball
    Shine Research http://www.shine-research.com/ (Besançon, France)
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id675523488?mt=8 $2.99

I am the first to admit that I love virtual pinball, so it is a real pleasure to report that a truly great game has come out in the past year. In Quantic Pinball there are eight different game modes from which to choose, with seven colorful tables to play (plus a special retro one). Special play modes include “shoot them up” (a time-limited opportunity to shoot aliens), multiball, ball teleportation, magnetic fields, blackout (where all you can see is right around the ball), and ramps hide-and-seek.

Unlike many virtual pinball offerings in which you just try to hit a few holes or critical locations on each table, here there are a ton of exciting opportunities presented by each different screen. The neon color scheme is dazzling, the sound effects are just right, the new-wave music is right on the mark, and the physics of ball movement—most important for this type of game—are spot on. You control the flippers by touching those at the bottom left and right of the screen, and the response is just what you would want. There is no screen-scrolling, which can prevent you from appropriately judging when and where to hit the ball. I find myself unable to escape from the pinball wizardry once I begin playing this great game.

Source : https://www.facebook.com/GamingTribe / 20140208

13. Quantic Pinball

Nov 21, 2013
  14. Quantic Pinball

Nov 21, 2013
    v1.1 is out. It features 5 balls only mode & fixes scoring issue after 2B points..

Time to update !

15. Quantic Pinball

Nov 21, 2013
    Featured !

Featured on the iTunes Home Page in 89 places

89 countries - Best New Games

Featured in iTunes in 372 places

89 countries - Best New Games > See All
    89 countries - Games > Best New Games
    89 countries - Games > Best New Games > See All
    46 countries - Games > Updated This Week