Dragon's Keep (Waiting For Review) + Screenshots!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jonbeebe, Aug 21, 2010.

1. jonbeebe

jonbeebe Well-Known Member

As you may already know, our last title, Doodle Dash! had a pretty good response, and what you may not know is that it will be the OpenFeint 'Free Game of the Day' on the 27th of August.

The new game I'm about to introduce is called Dragon's Keep. First I'll post some screenshots and then give some background info...

SCREENSHOTS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BACKGROUND INFO

Dragon's Keep originally started off as a "sister" title to Doodle Dash, to provide the same TYPE of gameplay but appeal more to the female demographic, but now that it's finished I can see how just about anyone can have fun with it. Once again, it is the same TYPE of game as Doodle Dash! but a whole different flavor, and a MUCH different game (both modes are vastly different than Doodle Dash! so yes, it is a completely separate game).

Just think of how Blizzard had WarCraft and also StarCraft... similiar style games, but two very different flavors.

Special props to my wife (and also my partner with Beebe Games) who designed all the graphics in this one and came up with the concept. Of course we collaborated on things as usual but this is mostly her doing... I got to come up with Doodle Dash! ... so this was her concept design she was coming up with while I programmed that one.

Of course, I'll also announce this game in the OTHER forum board once it is Ready for Sale, and will give out plenty of PROMO CODES for anyone who wants to give an honest rating/review.

GAME DESCRIPTION

Dragon's Keep is a beautifully designed tilt-action arcade game that features 14 unlockable characters and two play modes. Race against the clock in Fury mode or see how long you can last in the Survival!

Post your scores to Facebook and compete for the highest score on OpenFeint!

You're guaranteed to have hours of fun, especially if you get your friends in on the action!

----------

Descriptions of the two gameplay modes are as follows:

FURY MODE:

This is an excitingly fast-paced mode where there are no lives (which means no death!), HOWEVER, there is a 1 minute time limit!

Your goal is simple: get the highest score as possible before your time is up! Running into the red pigs and dragons will lower your score, while coins and Purple gems will increase it. Oh, and try your best to avoid Red gems as well.

Climb to the top of the competitive OpenFeint leaderboards!

----------

SURVIVAL MODE:

This mode is a little more slower-paced, but not any less exciting! Try to get as far as you can to (1) get the highest score and (2) unlock up to 14 playable characters by finding the keys (hint: they are closely guarded by the deadly Dragons).

Avoid anything that is not a coin, a key, or a gem (though you might want to steer clear of the Red ones).

NOTE: If you run into a Dragon, it's an instant game over so BE CAREFUL!!!

-------------------------------------------------

Dragon's Keep was programmed using the Corona SDK... if you're a iPhone app/game programmer, you just might wanna check it out ;-)

And to keep up with all that we're doing at Beebe Games, including the progress of our NEXT (unannounced) title, please subscribe to our new blog:

Beebe Games Blog

2. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Your wife did some cool art!

3. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Awesome colours. It makes RUA look dull.

4. camihq

camihq Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Finland

Yeah, awesome colours. Cute art. :rolleyes:

5. jonbeebe

Thanks a lot for the awesome compliments... My wife and I both are big fans of RUA so that's pretty flattering.

Hoping you guys will take promo codes and give a rating/review when it comes out.

6. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I meant it as a compliment my friend. Best of luck with the release. I'd be happy to try the game out and put a shout out to you.

7. jonbeebe

Thanks a lot, stay tuned for the forum post in the other board... If you miss the promo codes once I make the post just send me a PM!

8. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

yeah, nice art work. very eye catching.

9. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Cool my man. Will do, looking forward to seeing all these colours in motion.