The Amazing Bernard (by Kumkwat Entertainment)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by cshmee, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cshmee

cshmee Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Making games!
    Maryland
    #1 cshmee, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
    Hey Toucharcade, just wanted to announce our (Kumkwat Entertainment) biggest game to date, the epic action/adventure/platformer/runner
    The Amazing Bernard.

[​IMG]

The Amazing Bernard tells the story of how exactly a scrawny, meek Bernard grew to become one of the most legendary military heroes of his generation, Bernie O'Tag. This is an origin story unlike any before it as you will dive into the mind of the man himself and unveil the secrets that make Bernie amazing...and the ones that don't.

[​IMG]

As I mentioned, The Amazing Bernard is a game that covers many genres. You will soar through the air to just barely pull off a massive jump...you'll slide right under a falling spikeball feeling the air across your face as it whizzes by and you'll swing from rope to rope, feet dangling above certain doom.

[​IMG]

Bernie can also manipulate the world to help his cause with special powers. As Bernie you'll be able to create platforms to run on and drop in springs to jump from all with the touch of a finger. With full energy you can fuel Bernie with the power of an angel, sparing him from a mistake with wings that will bring him gently to the ground after seemingly sure death.

[​IMG]

On top of the thrilling story mode, players will also get to enjoy an endless runner mode where they can play as Bernie and other characters from the campaign, all with their own unique abilities to help players reach the top of the leaderboard.

All of this through beautifully hand-drawn 2D environments and to the sweet sounds of an epic original soundtrack.
    We'll be posting updates on new features and new story all the way until the release so you can check out our website and/or follow us on twitter.
    Let me know what you think!

www.kumkwat.net

@kumkwatnet

The Amazing Bernard will arrive on iOS and Android in late 2015.

2. cshmee

cshmee Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Making games!
    Maryland
    Just wanted to update this thread, it's been months of hard work but we are finally close to the release of The Amazing Bernard! The game will be coming out on February 25! With that we have a new trailer showing off some of the different twists on the gameplay and some small hints at the story. I'll put some more updates for the game here as we get closer to the release and if anyone has anyone has any questions about the game I'll be happy to answer, thanks!

3. cshmee

cshmee Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Making games!
    Maryland
    Wanted to give everyone an update as February 25 happens to be tomorrow which is the current listed release date for The Amazing Bernard. Unfortunately we pushed perfecting the game a little too close to said release date and didn't get the App Store approval in enough time before to properly promote and distribute it for reviews, etc. So sadly the 25th will not be the release date.

The good news is after a long road, the game is totally finished and it's just a matter of putting it out on the right date, it will be March 3 or March 10 and I'll officially announce it in the next day or so.

I'll see if I can do some promo codes for the forums, thanks for the patience, I think it will be worth the wait!

4. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    This looks pretty fun. Not sure how I've missed this thread entirely. Looking forward to seeing it launch!

5. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    ow too bad, im so ready for this. but of course, take your time dev, please do announce the date once you guys are well prepared for that.

6. cshmee

cshmee Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Making games!
    Maryland
    We have a date and it's not too far at all! The Amazing Bernard will be coming out March 3! Whipped up a small and moderately menacing teaser to announce the change for you as the villain of this story comes to the forefront a little more.

Expect to see the final launch trailer on Monday and I'll know more about any promo codes next week.

7. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    ahhh! Getting close!

8. cshmee

cshmee Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Making games!
    Maryland
    We're 2 days away from March 3 and finally the release of The Amazing Bernard on iOS! Here is the final launch trailer for the game for your viewing pleasure. Hope you enjoy it and hope you check out the game on March 3, thanks!

PS: The song in the trailer is "Circles" by Otis Heat

9. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I completely forgot about it. I saw the trailer while back and was searching. Glad found it. I really want to play it right now. Hoping everything is ok this time.

10. cshmee

cshmee Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Making games!
    Maryland
    I hope everything is ok too, but there may be a slight problem I thought for sure was fixed. The reason for our initial delay was a bug on the ropes in Level 1-3 that caused them to not move properly on occasion. I tested a fix thoroughly on several iOS devices till I was comfortable the bug was gone. Unfortunately I'm essentially one guy making a game so I'm a little limited on how many devices I can test with.

Long story short, we got word from someone we sent a promo code to that the bug somehow reappeared on an older iPad so I wanted to call on your help just to make sure this release version is truly good to go before we actually release it.

So anyone that would like to help me out and test to see if they get the bug I'll send over a promo code. I'd like to see how it reacts on different devices so maybe just post what device you have and I'll PM you a promo code. Then if everything is running well on your device you'll own the game before it's out, like $3.99 in your pocket!

So thanks in advance for the help, hopefully everything works fine and I don't have to delay this another week again cause that would suck. The woes of the small indie developer working in a basement!

11. dbuser38

dbuser38 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Want to test it. I've an iPhone 6+ and iPad 2.
    Thanks in advance

12. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I got an iPhone 5, an iPhone 5c and an iPad Air 2, all running the current iOS 9.2.1
    I'm free this afternoon, so drop me a line if my devices could help you out

13. cshmee

cshmee Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Making games!
    Maryland
    Thanks for the messages to help out, really appreciate it. I believe I have all the necessary devices covered now with promo codes sent out. So we'll cut it off for now since the sun is coming up where I live and I should try to at least get a few hours of sleep.

Once I get the reports from those that are testing it now I'll let you know here if I'll need to send out more promo codes for testing and if the game is actually ok to come out on Thursday like I'm hoping. Thanks again!

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Is this launching tonight?

15. cshmee

cshmee Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Making games!
    Maryland
    To be determined still, waiting on a couple more testing reports. They've come in clean so far so that's good. There's also the concern of being unsure about this bug killing the small buzz we had leading into the launch since we had to contact review sites that we were looking into that and the potential it could delay the release a few days. That can be seen in the fact we aren't listed on the "Coming Out Tonight" article here on Touch Arcade.

So it's possible we'll hold it a couple more days to work our way back into the media's good graces so people actually know it's coming out when we say. We'll see what the next few hours bring and I'll let you know what we're going to do tonight.

16. cshmee

cshmee Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Making games!
    Maryland
    Update on the release here...the bug seems to be in older iPad's but we have a fix for the bug so we are going to go ahead and patch the game before release which will obviously push it back at least a week (depending on the Apple review time). Since we're patching we're also taking the opportunity to make a few more small tweaks to improve the experience based off some notes we've received, so this is a good thing in the long run! It's been a stressful launch but as long as it's as good as we can get it when it actually comes out, that's what matters. Thank you to those who have helped out with testing, much appreciated!

17. cshmee

cshmee Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Making games!
    Maryland
    Hey everyone, so the latest on the game is that the small bug on the old iPad may have delayed us a bit, but I think it was a blessing in disguise. It's really allowed us to polish up and tweak to make for a much better game than we were probably rushing a bit to get out the door on the initial date we said. So now we're going with the much more open March 2016.

With that if you would like to help us out again and play the game early, we'd love to have your feedback! We've set up a beta build on TestFlight so if anyone would like join in on that beta we'll add 5-10 people to test out the game, make sure everything is working properly, give any feedback they'd like, etc. So if you would like to join in on the beta, shoot me a PM, I'll add you to the beta, you should receive an email once I put the build up and you can play. Thanks!

18. cshmee

cshmee Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Making games!
    Maryland
    Probably shouldn't have posted that in the middle of the night. We have about 3 spots left for the Testflight beta test so if anyone else would like in just shoot me a PM, thanks!

19. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Love to check this out! iPad 4 128GB. Go ahead and PM me! Thanks!

20. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    any news on the release date dev?