How big is your "Collection"

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Mctron, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Mctron

Mctron Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Spaced out Adventurerer
    Cool Sounding Coordinates #5
    I want to know if my seemingly freakishly huge app collection is as big as I think it is. So show off your game collection bring us your personal collections highlights,top tens, favourite and of course the overall number of games and apps. I have dumped at least $500 into mostly games so I think this is a good place to brag and get to know each others game tastes like a game you might consider terrible might be in somebody else top ten I think it could broaden our gaming horizon and also I really want a place to show off our app and game "collections". :p

2. Mctron

Mctron Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Spaced out Adventurerer
    my totals

526 Games

106 Other

Woohoo that's pretty good I guess.

3. AP9TV1

AP9TV1 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    YouTube
    Oh my goodness, thank the lord it was collection. When I saw this on the forum homepage it said "How big is your..." ;)

Anyways, I have around 300 total apps.

4. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing lmao!! I was like its those damn email spammers again.:)

5. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I have 4,000 (Both paid and free). And have spent well over $500 on them over the last 3 years.

6. Mctron

Mctron Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Spaced out Adventurerer
    Wow becuase every time I update all my apps get pulled out of their meticously placed folders does this happen to you.

7. Mctron

Mctron Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Spaced out Adventurerer
    Me spammer no, no, never ever:eek:. I am just an iOS enthusist. It is quite funny though becuase it's the best fake out ever.

8. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    167, and most of the paid. I regularly delete games I finished and got for free unless they are truly special (like soozis), and I never delete a paid game (maybe 120-140 of them).

9. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Only if using two accounts when updating. If I only have one account with apps being updated, they stay in their folders.

10. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

I have 419 apps :p

11. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    593 apps right now. It used to be at 1200 with free app promotions, but then i played through a bunch of them and deleted tons. It's currently 23.5 gb on my computer. Used to be 35.

Just looked through my receipts on iTunes (jeez that was a nightmare-- took forever to load each page, damn itunes) -- i've spent $788.85 total on the appstore.

+$120 for my 8gb 2nd gen iPod Touch
    +$320 for my for 32gb 4th gen iPod Touch
    +$30 for cases and other things

==

$1258.85 total.

My very first app purchase was 11/14/09. So assuming 575 days,

1258.85/575 = $2.19 a day including hardware
    788.85/575 = $1.37 a day without hardware

Not so bad, haha. Cheaper than console games, at least.

12. Mctron

Mctron Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Spaced out Adventurerer
    I had to have that japanese account didn't I:p

13. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    2 accounts from different countries? I have one U.S. account I share with my sister from way back when with my first two purchases (doodle jump and pocket god), and of course the one I use now with 200+ dollars of cash going into it for apps. Mine stay in their folders as of now.

14. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    They can be the same country. But lets say you have 2 apps that have updates, and they are in folders. One from account A, and one from account B.

You hit "Update All". A pop-up asking for the password to account A comes up. You enter the password, app starts updating. Then, a pop-up asking for account B password comes up, you hit cancel.

You come back to the home screen, the app from account B will now be out of it's folder.

At least, this is what I have experienced. If you do it quick enough, this doesn't happen, but if you leave the pop-up for account B up for a little bit, it should leave its folder.

(I don't like when this happens)

15. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    On my old laptop, I had somewhere around 700-1000 games and apps. But after I switched over to my new Mac, I deleted about 95% of the games I got for free and only kept the ones I paid for, which is currently around 350.

16. SoulBlade

SoulBlade Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2011
    o_O oh my god...
    I have like 56 apps and 35 of them are games and I'm gonna delete some more of them when I beat them...

17. Rixx

Rixx Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    College Instructor
    Longview, Texas
    4001 apps in my Itunes Folder. 431 installed on my iPad currently. I'm sure I've crossed the $1000 mark, mostly games, and I do not really want to know how much I've spent in 2+ years, hehe.

Rixx

18. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I couldn't honestly say how many I've had, there's no real easy way of keeping track. I only keep a select number of games on my iPod/Mac and delete the others, if they're good I'll remember the name and it won't take long to download them again if I ever get the urge. My best estimate puts it at over 2000 including free apps/promo codes. Probably around 95% games 5% misc :)

19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #19 backtothis, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
    To date, I've spent $1563 on apps alone, and have owned two iPod Touches now. Yeah, I sat and calculated it a while back from the iTunes purchase history. Just had to add on the new purchases I've made since then to get my new total. I always keep my total games on iTunes at 420, meaning I have to delete paid games very often. I try to keep the games on my iPod below 200 always, meaning I have to delete quite a few games every week. I started shopping on the AppStore in December 2008, and clearly, have been an addict since then. Definitely my favorite platform. I think I've literally spent more on the iOS then on my PS3, PSP, 3DS, and Wii combined. I also love my 2011 MacBook Pro :]. Apple for the win, heheh. Also, got a 6th generation Nano.

20. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member