Tanuki Forest

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by James (Mighty Mill Games), Mar 2, 2014.

1. Hi,

After positive feedback from our Touch Arcade forum beta testing, our new Indie studio, Mighty Mill Games, are proud to announce the launch of our first game, Tanuki Forest, available world-wide this coming Thursday, 6th March 2014.

Tanuki Forest, concentrates on rich, 2d hand painted artwork. We wanted to make a game where the concept art is the game art.

Players take control of a mysterious forest creature as he strives to save his beloved home from the dark forces that surround it. The game features beautiful Ghibi-esque artwork in full retina resolution. It focuses on accessible, one touch, game play and offers players an immersive, fun experience.

We look forward to hearing all your feedback on Thursday when the game is launched!

2. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    well another game to look forward to next week :D

3. devpineda

devpineda Member

Feb 23, 2014
    #3 devpineda, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    deleted

4. Jake-gumbleton

Jake-gumbleton Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Freelance concept artist
    Uk
    Hi guys.

I am the art half of the two man Mighty Mill team, makers of Tanuki Forest. I just wanted to introduce myself and say that I will try and answer any questions etc that people have about Tanuki Forest on here.

We are so excited to finally be putting Tanuki Forest out in to the world this week!

sink_or_swim: THANKS!

devpineda: Haha I knew this would come up quick! We really love Badland. Tanuki Forest has looked ostensibly as it does now since well before Badland was announced. The morning their trailer went up I could not believe how aesthetically close our two games were. I guess it comes down to Limbo being an inspiration to so many devs. Tanuki Forest is a very different game to Badland as you will see when you play it. I hope you enjoy it!

5. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Great!!!! I can't wait to play it, I'll buy it as soon as it's out!

6. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    How much will be the game and what's the app size?

7. Jake-gumbleton

Jake-gumbleton Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Freelance concept artist
    Uk
    djstout Hi there. The game will be free. It has been a very hard decision for us to make but we feel it is our best chance at success. We have had so many indie dev friends that have gone paid and then not achieved a strong user base and therefore very poor revenue from their projects.

Although TF will be ftp it will not be harassing players with any freemium pay to win shenanigans. Our hope is that players that love the game will at least buy the kami (the games soft currency) doubler for 99p

The game is 71 meg at the moment (I think) so well under the 100 meg limit for downloading.

8. Chi

Chi Well-Known Member

Finally, it's almost here! :)

I've been enjoying this for a while as I've been on beta - definitely worth checking out.

9. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Looking forward to this, I signed up for bĂȘte but had problems with testflight so never got to give much input. Testflight really hates me I think lol.

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Awesome! Finally coming out :D

11. Cheers, glad you're looking forward to it. We hope you enjoy playing it tomorrow!